Point of Care Product Manger
Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for an experienced Point of Care Product Manager for Chronic Disease products in GB&I.
You will be responsible for the chronic disease portfolio which includes urinalysis and diabetes analysis within the Point of Care (POC) segment of the diagnostic division.
The role will enable and support all sales functions to achieve sales targets and ensure execution of a consistent marketing and sales strategy.
Key responsibilities include technical tender response input which will require a strong understanding of the scientific background of the disease state and the products.
Accurate forecasting of instruments and reagents is also the responsibility of the position. As part of the diagnostics business unit they will contribute, coach, and drive the development of the POC business by assisting in winning competitive accounts and retaining existing customers.
The PM will work with other PM's, Marketing Managers and BA specialist to manage product enhancements and conversions from legacy to new products, taking all system aspects into account to build and maintain reputation of product portfolio.
· Strategy: The role will ensure a consistent sales & marketing strategy execution for the Business Area (BA), monitor sales of assigned products (against budget) and drive BA sales and profit targets
· Sales targets: Whilst no sales growth or target is assigned to the role, the PM will be responsible for tender offerings leading to an overall annual growth requirement
· Leadership: Provide business excellence in tender responses and influence adoption of best practices by less experienced salespeople.
· Sales tools: Ensure the Dx Configurator program has accurate pricing to allow POC Sales team to produce customer quotes efficiently.
· Training: Oversee the induction training of new salespeople for the designated products and regular update product training for the POC team.
· Information collection and reporting: Monitor and report on competitor and marketplace trends to allow rapid reaction to market movements and ensure win rate is maintained.
· Product Management: The position will be responsible for monitoring delivery channel to customer, manage/monitor coding, pricing, and forecasting to meet customer expectations of quality, quantity, price, and time.
· Tender and Bid Support: Partner with POC sales teams to develop a cohesive set of POC responses for tenders and bids. They will be responsible for tracking tender responses across the territories to ensure there is consistency in responses and will also monitor their scoring to demonstrate measurable improvement in response quality over time
· Forecast & Budget: The Product Manager will support the marketing head with preparation and activities for Forecast and Budget support for assigned products.
· Exhibitions & Reference Sites: The position will manage and support exhibitions and reference sites, it will develop sales strategies to proactively and reactively counter competitive activity and product issues together with Sales and other functions.
· Market Development: Performs analyses to evaluate opportunities for new markets, channels or customer target groups.
· Business Development: Establish a network of internal and external colleagues to develop new sales opportunities and channels for POC products. Work across pathology, imaging, and Key Account Management teams to extend the products reach beyond traditional commercial channels.
- Management of assigned Portfolio: Responsible for all commercial aspects of the assigned products in the UK and Ireland including product launches and product lifecycle management
- Technical expert: Provide technical product-specific support to all sales functions during the sales process. Function as technical expert on assigned products and support the tender process with high-level expertise in responding to technical specifications. Support and undertake all customer interactions in relation to assigned product line.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in the Clinical Diagnostics Marketplace.
- Proven experience of responsibility for business planning and opportunity prioritisation.
- Have a good knowledge of Siemens POC product line or demonstrate the ability to gain the knowledge.
- Proven entrepreneurial spirit and execution.
- The candidate will require good communication skills and must be able to think strategically across all modalities.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to energize and motivate people.
- Strong clinical knowledge and background of tests requirement.
- Ideally Graduate degree in business, marketing and/or biology / biomedical engineering / natural sciences
- Sales or BMS experience
- Proven experience in responsibility for product launch and life cycle management.
- Proven experience in growing business, to market leadership positions.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present business relevant as well as scientific data internally and externally
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time