Senior Software Engineer
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Looking for an experienced software engineer to join the HEEDS team developing our modeling and data visualization desktop application. Our priority is providing robust software that is easy to learn and easy to use and is the gateway to our powerful design-space exploration capabilities. While the initial focus is on desktop application development, there is potential for expanding to a web-based collaborative application platform.
The position involves working on a diverse range of projects and all aspects of software development related to interface and architectural design, data analytics, and results visualization. The option is available to select an area of focus after gaining experience with the product.
- BS/MS degree in computer science and/or an engineering field.
- 10+ years of experience in OOP using C++.
- Good teamwork and cooperation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with numerical methods, data analytics, and/or Qt Widgets is a plus.
- Development experience within a production environment (commercial software) is a plus.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of various software projects.
- Write and review software requirements documents.
- Create QA tests and documentation instructions for the implemented functionality.
- Research and fix assigned bugs.
- Collaborate with the team in planning and executing sprints.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.