We have an opening for a Product Owner with the NX CAM Machining Software product development team.
This is a key role within a Lean-AGILE development organization, reporting to a local office manager, with a dotted line to an overall Product Portfolio lead based in Germany. The role is within a software development team with responsibility to drive the definition of new ideas and concepts for part manufacturing solutions with a focus on applications and technology related to machining.
The Product Owner will lead the direction of the software development team, preparing plans for new feature development, creating testing plans for those feature, and reporting to a wider team on progress and results. A critical element of the process involves working with selected, external partners and customers to have them review and provide feedback on new features and prototypes at an early stage of development.
The target areas of technology and processes involved is primarily focused on CAM (Computer Aided Manufacture) software but will also include projects related to web applications and cloud hosted solutions. The developed software typically fits within a much larger CAD/CAM solution set developed globally and interaction with other teams in the USA and Europe will be frequent and essential.
Experience of working with machine tools either operating them directly or creating CNC (CAM) programs to drive them would be a distinct advantage. This experience could be obtained in an educational context.
The position will require occasional travel, working with key customers in evaluating their requirements related to existing and future ideas for new software functionality.
The successful applicant will be able to show a drive to seek and to define new solution ideas. Experience with preparing and validating hypotheses for innovation proposals would be an advantage.
Qualifications and Skills (Required):
- Degree and /or Masters level qualifications in a related technical discipline, ideally related to manufacturing.
- A good understanding of part manufacturing technologies, especially related to part manufacturing process, specifically including machining.
- An ability to interface with existing and potential customers in a wide range of industrial and engineering companies engaging in detailed discussions covering advanced technologies and part manufacturing processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and good presentation skills are essential.
Qualifications and Skills (Desired):
- A strong interest in working in the technical software industry if not already in this environment.
- In depth experience with NX CAD/CAM software at a user and workflow level, though other, similar system experience would be valuable.
- Knowledge of current techniques related to Lean-Agile software development process together with an understanding of the roles within this environment.
- A proven ability to define your own day to day tasks relative to the overall objectives.
- A Lean-Agile mindset
Location and Travel
- The position will be based at our Shanghai software development office where there is already a number of existing teams within a larger Siemens office location. There is some flexibility in the location though preference will be given to candidate who is (or who can be) located where communication and interaction with existing staff is convenient and practical. Occasional home based working is a possible option for the right candidate.
- Travel: Some local/ regional and some international will be required – subject to current travel policies and conditions - depending on specific projects and customer locations
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time