Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
The purchasing Supervisor is responsible for leading the purchasing operator team and ensure the day to day activities are conducted efficient and effective manner. The purchasing supervisor reports to the Head of the CSC.
The objective of the purchasing organization is to execute purchase orders that are consistent with business requirements (materials and services) according to Siemens’ Procurement policies and procedures. Additionally, the purchasing organization is tasked with ensuring the quality of the procurement data/information that is being transmitted to the supplier and internally to other functions. Critical to achieving success in this role is a deep understanding of relevant policies, processes, systems, communication tools, the ability to work with internal and external customers and suppliers.
Job responsibilities and activities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Work directly with the US purchasing supervisor to coordinate purchasing activities of resources.
- Manage the day to day activities for the team.
- Run KPI reports.
- Hire and train new employees.
- Backup support of purchasing operators as necessary. See Purchasing Operator job description for responsibilities.
- Develop training material as necessary.
- Resolve issues arising from purchasing activities quickly and effectively.
- Retaining all relevant documentation according to the policy.
- Participating in educational opportunities to expand job-relevant knowhow and skillset.
- Follow the Siemens' policies.
- Contribute to the Procurement mission and Company objectives.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- College Degree
- 3 years or more of supervisor experience or in a leadership capacity.
- Computer skills a must – Microsoft Office, File management.
- SAP experience – Purchasing - related Modules (MM)
- Supply Management, Vendor Relationships, Purchase Contract Execution
- Detail oriented, accurate, and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English
- Customer service approach – responsive and thorough
- Collaborative – ability to work internal within team members and with other functions to solve problems effectively
- Professional Certification in Procurement or Supply Chain (e.g. ISM - CPM, CPSM) are a plus
- Skills and experience documenting processes and procedures as well as training others
- Fluent in the English language.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time