Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactive. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development
Please visit https://www.siemens.com/plm.
About the role
The User Researcher will be responsible for designing and conducting user research, and identifying the best method based on research goals and resources. The Researcher is responsible for all aspects of research (planning, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting) for both generative (participatory design) and evaluative (usability testing) research. You will be using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights. You will also be comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation. You will be working closely within a cross-disciplinary team tasked with improving all aspects of our users experience.
Area of responsibility
- planning, designing and conducting the usability testing process from developing user recruitment through to test moderation, analysis and reporting.
- conducting research to gather insights for new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design).
- modelling insights gained from user research into formats to enhance organizational understanding of our users – such as personas and user journey maps.
- working with managers as required to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material.
- working closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction.
- applying knowledge in human factors and the user-centered design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment.
- presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers.
- promoting user centered design principles and best practice across the organisation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
It is assumed that the candidate will be an experienced researcher with several years of relevant work experience.
- Good at communicating user needs to senior stakeholders and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs.
- Understanding of a range of research methods and their application.
- Experience of conducting user interviews.
- Experience analysing both quantitative and qualitative data to produce UX artefacts.
- Previous experience of managing, planning, designing.
- Previous experience of finding participants, developing and conducting usability testing sessions.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, persistent and focused on the end results.
- Collaborative and good at building relationships. Working with colleagues across all areas of the organisation and beyond to achieve one mission.
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills, confident working with individuals at all levels.
- Good at influencing, driving impact and implementing change.
- Pragmatic and adaptable with the ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively manage through conflict.
It would be desirable but not required if the candidate has experience in any of the following:
- Mentoring colleagues
- Agile development methodology
- 3D modelling packages
- 3D CAD applications
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time