Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility.
We are looking for a Head of Procurement & Logistics AU & NZ in Docklands, Melbourne. The Head of Procurement defines and implements procurement standards and guidelines and leads a procurement organisation across multiple locations in Australia and New Zealand.
The successful candidate will have spent at least 10 years in progressive responsible positions handling procurement for large corporations, preferably in the rail industry having experience of working in ideally at least one major Australian Rail bid projects. As a member of the Siemens Mobility Australia executive team the Head of Procurement & Logistics AU/NZ is responsible for safeguarding a market leading SCM performance at competitive costs derived from business requirements.
Key responsibilities, but not limited are:
- Creating, implementing, and safeguarding of methods, processes and standards for a market-leading procurement performance position at competitive costs.
- Monitor supply market conditions, develop, and engage preferred suppliers and drive supplier innovation.
- Manage all demands from internal customers (incl. development and deﬁnition of customer’s functional needs, analysis of scope of supply, professional stakeholder management, and risk analysis from contractual obligations).
- Contribution to cross-Division/BU cost optimisation and exploitation of SCM synergies at Siemens worldwide as well as ensuring SCM Compliance including P2P.
- Development and implementation of efficient forms of organisation and procedures to continuously detect areas for rationalisation and increase profitability.
- Deploy Siemens SCM Strategy in area of responsibility and contribute to Division / BU / Segment / Location strategy development.
- Drive Supplier Management processes (e.g., qualification, evaluation, FPL, development, initiatives) to obtain best suppliers and ensure transparency and early involvement of Procurement and suppliers.
- Secure early involvement of procurement and suppliers in the product development/manufacturing processes, pushing forward cost reduction, standardisation, and supplier innovation.
- Define and implement Commodity / material field pooling strategies, documented, and regularly updated in Commodity Strategy Master to ensure long-term cost-efficient supply.
- Full strategic responsibility for division-specific material.
- Identify particular procurement risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid potential damage or exploit opportunities through tailored risk/opportunity management, following the Siemens ERM methodology.
Skills & Experience:
- University degree in either business administration or engineering; or similar.
- At least 10+ years’ experience as a procurement professional with at least 5+ years in a leadership position; minimum team of five.
- Profound knowledge of the relevant Australian supply markets with extensive contacts in the railway supply industry would be preferable.
- Experience working in an international and complex matrix-organisation.
- Has experience in at least 1-2 of the following SCM areas/roles: project procurement management, commodity management, strategy procurement management.
- Proficient knowledge in SAP, MS Office is required, Tableau is an advantage.
- Understanding of import and export regulations.
- Good Knowledge of electronic Auctions & Bids (e-Auction / e-Bid).
- Excellent ability to communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders across the businesses.
- Ability to build trust and conﬁdence quickly and professionally.
- Interest in Digital & Automating solutions.
- Adhere to our core values of safety always; integrity and commitment; teamwork and collaboration; satisfying our customers, and success and recognition.
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time