position involves being a Scrum Master within the R&D team for Siemens
Opcenter Execution Core. The position
will work directly with 1 or more cross-functional feature teams engaged in
developing the Opcenter Execution Core portfolio using Agile methodology. In addition to engaging with the
cross-functional feature teams the position will also work with other scrum
masters to form a community of practice within the organization and work with
technical and administrative leadership to improve Agile practices. This position is in Pune, IN. The position reports to the Development
Manager of Opcenter Execution Core R&D.
This is a non-Manager position.
The Scrum Master is accountable for being a servant leader for 1 or more feature teams within Agile software development process. Team resources involve a mix of Siemens and contract hires. Feature teams are comprised of a mix of cross functional resources including Development, QA, Documentation and Automation engineering. The individual is expected to perform all responsibilities as a Scrum Master as defined within Agile methodology. In addition to primarily guiding feature teams, the Scrum Master will also work together with other Scrum Masters within the organization to form a Community of Practice.
- Provides servant leadership to 1 or more cross-functional teams in an Agile work environment.
- Facilitates prescribed iterative events including: Release/sprint planning, backlog refinement, daily standups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews.
- Works to assist and guide team(s) to improve their individual agile practices.
- Resolves team impediments
- Works with Product Owners and SMEs to help facilitate backlog prioritization, decomposition, release and sprint planning.
- Works with other organizational Scrum Masters to implement a community of practice to help improve Agile methodology across the team, in order to get the team(s) to a high performing level
- Works with other Scrum Masters to facilitate overall retrospectives across the organization or portfolio
- Works with organization leadership to identify and implement sessions and events to further enhance organization understanding and improvement of practices around Agile.
- Willingness to work outside a normal daily schedule to facilitate remote team members across different time zones.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related science is desired.
- Minimum of 2 years practical Scrum Master experience in a software development environment that has been practicing an Agile framework.
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
- Has a good knowledge of: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Estimation, User Story Map, User Story Splitting/Decomposition, Sprint burndown, Iteration, Incremental Development, Continuous Improvement, Team Metrics
- A strong advocate and practitioner of Agile methodologies and practices
- Willingness to engage with teams, product owners, subject matter experts, to resolve conflicts arising during sprint execution
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Familiarity/Certification with Agile at Scale Ex. SAFe
- Familiarity with Camstar/Opcenter Execution Core products
- Familiarity with the following tools: Microsoft TFS, Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint, Confluence
- Understanding of normal software development practices involved with the design, development, testing, packaging, release, and sustaining of complex software systems
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time