Mission of Function:
Managing and Improving the Indian supply base for global Purchase Volume of Large Drives Applications (LDA) in assigned mechanical & electrical commodities that are feasible for export to global LDA locations (e.g. Germany, Czech and USA )
Planning, realization and controlling of globally aligned projects and measures to increase the global LDA Purchasing Volume from India and to improve supply chain performance in regards to productivity, assets, quality, availability and innovation
Dimensions of Function:
Responsible for Identifying Capable and Competitive supplier in India for all mentioned commodities and ensure smooth implementation by generating cost savings for global plants
This position is responsible for networking with Global plants to Identify projects for sourcing from India, Identifying Capable and Competitive supplier in India for received RFQ's, perform basic supplier audits & assessment to access capabilities and ensure smooth transition from Global Suppliers to Indian suppliers. Manage the entire value chain from RFQ to shipment and ongoing quality issues
Professional Experience: 8 to 14 years of experience. With min 3 years in Manufacturing. Worked with Global team for few years in Strategic Sourcing / Global Sourcing / Commodity Management
Education Required: BE Mechanical and Higher degree
Product: Medium Voltage Motors, Medium Voltage Drives
Intercultural: Worked with Global team members
Commodities to handle: Machined Castings, Machining, Forging, Large Steel Fabrication, Insulation, Sheet Metal Parts and Cabinets Etc.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
· Understand business needs of LDA and locations and identify feasible Local for Global (L4G) commodities/components in alignment with Global Commodities Managers and global location
· Organize and drive global sourcing projects that are jointly defined with Global Commodity Manager and global locations to increase the PVO from India
· Contribution to global material strategies and execution of those regionally in India
· Reduce costs at suppliers through effective utilization of procurement levers (e.g. negotiation, cost transparency, e-sourcing, cost value engineering)
· Manage and track capacity utilization at suppliers as well as development status of new products
· Support best-in-class Supply Chain Management processes in order to secure productivity, assets, quality, delivery reliability and innovation, including escalation, contract- and claim management
· Support with escalations, expediting and on-site tracking of progress of deliveries at suppliers to ensure on-time deliveries
· Forward systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data, supply market intelligence, commercial & technical trends, benchmarks) to keep all stakeholders up to date and maintain regular contact with relevant interfaces
· Ensure data transparency and report relevant procurement KPI (e.g. CNI, eAuctions, Supply Base Optimization, GVS share) in assigned commodities to ensure business planning and target achievement and to make results transparent
· Manage and develop India supplier base in commercial issues, supplier qualification, development and overall relationship management
· Contribute to sourcing decisions under consideration of total costs"
· Product knowledge, Materials knowledge, commercial knowledge and Manufacturing of Drive knowledge.
• Demonstrates ownership culture by initiative in developing
plans, execution of those plans, focusing on business results, full
transparency, open & honest communication and making bold decisions
• Demonstrated strategic procurement skills in the areas of sourcing, negotiation, pooling, cost transparency, design-to-cost, cost value engineering, supplier development and supplier relationship management
• Strong written and verbal Communication skills – if needed on executive level - including extensive expertise in presentation development
• Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
• Proofed ability to align with business partners and objectives as well as collaborate cross-functionally
• Open to travel on a regular basis (mainly domestically)
We are Siemens!
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.Click the links to find out more about us at:
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time