We're enhancing the way we live and work by intelligently connecting energy systems, buildings and industries!
Smart infrastructure from Siemens makes the world a more connected and caring place – where resources are valued, where impact on the world is considered, where sustainable energy is delivered reliably and efficiently. It provides the flexible infrastructure to allow society to evolve and respond to changing conditions. Technology and the ingenuity of people come together to be at one with our environments and to care for our world. We do this from the macro to the micro level, from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and services. Siemens offers a broad portfolio of grid control and automation; low- and medium-voltage power distribution, switching and control; and building automation, fire safety and security, HVAC control and energy solutions.Join us! We Make Real What Matters. This Is Your Role.
- Responsible for Leading the validation and approval department for the energy automation business unit.
- Supervision of a testing team responsible for product test plan and schedule, building up the test setup and test capabilities, specification, procurement, and maintenance of test equipment.
- Foster a lab environment to work closely with the product development team to define test requirements, review standard test procedures and Specifications.
- Identifies together with architects, potential technical problems or use case identification for system conditions.
- Participates in the evolution/implementation of product development processes and tools.
- Ensure performance and growth of the team members all the time and take initiatives to bring in efficiency.
- Analyze and lead the external issues reported on the product portfolios through Customer feedbacks.
- Together with the R&D Head, plans and identifies resources and infrastructure needs for the financial year.
- Liasoning with external labs to provide suitable timelines to business for product approvals and certification.
- Drive and monitor capex requirements and spend, Bring in efficiency in test execution through test automation techniques and methodologies.
- Liasoning with the standardization bodies (IEC/BIS/IEEE) to bring design impacts due to updates of standards and promoters to highlight the Key features of Designed products as USPs for upcoming tenders/Fighting guides
- Evaluating and conforming to the Safety & EHS requirements of the department
- Leading the Calibration & NABL certifications of the Inhouse Calibration Lab and providing Calibration services to the various businesses at the Goa location
- Provides technical guidance to the Product Owners regarding product queries related to Specifications & standards in tenders/Customer needs
- Support the relevant teams for Customer audits in factory
- Experience in leading teams in distribution automation product validation and type test / approvals.
- Should have minimum 16 – 18 years of experience in leading R&D Validation teams
- Proficiency in guiding team for coming up with complex test case designs and customer specific use cases.
- Empowering team in setting up new lab environment to simulate site conditions and meeting international product standards.
- Proficiency in Resource planning and management.
- Adequate knowledge in understanding the concepts of power system protection and automation domain.
- Strong Communication and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills across teams.
- Understanding of the distribution automation philosophy, SCADA systems, telecontrol protocols and Protection relays.
- Basic knowledge of impact of electromagnetic /Environmental/Safety impacts on products.
- Basic know how of user experience-based design and usability concepts.
- Know how on the standards and development of standards along with reference architectures.
- Know-how of Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment DevOps concepts (CI and CD)
We are seeking for a Bachelor of in ME /BE in Electrical / Electronics & Communication Engineering with consistent record and demonstrated ability of 16 to 18 years of proven experience in eading R&D Validation teams along with basic Understanding of Product Certifications and ability to conduct risk assessments for any technical change.
Safety assessment of product design with respect to the system constraints and the associated clearance between circuits/ports.
Safety Assessment of the Testing & development infrastructureWe’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time