Senior Automatic Fare Collection Engineer – New Cairo, Egypt
Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for Senior Automatic Fare Collection Engineer to Join Siemens Mobility Project6 Team in Cairo office. This is an excellent career opportunity for Professionals from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- In your new challenging role, you will analyze customer inquiries and requests for proposals (tenders) regarding technical and scheduling requirements and determining associated cost estimates & risks.
- Furthermore, you will support the requirement management with respect to the definition and validation methods related to Automatic Fare Collection System.
- In addition, you will create technical reports and design documents for AFC systems including the subsystems back office, server systems, money management, TVMs, gates etc.
- You will coordinate and support AFC installation teams in terms of installation quality control by preparing installation method statements including templates for verification and validation.
- Next to this, you will support the testing and commissioning management as well as the operation and maintenance management by producing test plans and O&M manuals.
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!
- You bring in a completed master’s degree in communication technology, electrical engineering, or equivalent technical study from reputable University or college.
- You have long-term experience in Engineering for Automatic Fare Collection System (open and closed systems) as well as knowledge of the typical interfaces in a railway environment.
- You understand the basic principles of ticketing software (design development and configuration), being familiar with media-based and account-based ticketing systems; the architectural components like operating systems, database management systems and communication protocols or Human/Machine interfaces.
- You understand transportation fares (single and multi-journey tickets, distance based, time based) and different lists used in these systems (blacklists, whitelists, greenlists).
- Project engineering tools for project execution (like DOORS) and the design of AFC systems as well as dimensioning and specification of AFC IT, Web and Apps, components, devices, and contactless media (like Mifare and Calypso or QR-code) are well known to you.
- In addition, you can lead/direct and motivate staff.
- Good command of spoken and written Arabic, English (Business Level) round off your profile.
- Willingness for business trips at home and abroad is required
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time