*12 months Fixed Term contract*
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together.
Help us shape the future.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Factory Division as a Demand Planner for New Product Introduction and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
This role will be reporting to the NPI Manager and be responsible for supply chain topics in the new product introduction team to ensure the projects deliver on time, with accurate data & processes aligned and operational for integration into our operations within our world class manufacturing facility.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
What are my responsibilities?
• Planning Structures and master data creation in line with digital architecture
• Contribution to information flow design to the shop floor MES
• Master data during product introduction and subsequent handover
• Co-ordination with global forecast team in converting requirements into local plans during introduction
• Execution of PLM requirements
• Working alongside operational planners to devise a schedule
• Management of production orders, housekeeping/backflushing
• Master data set up and coordination of sales orders, lead times & product data in various SAP & other systems
• Co-ordinate with despatch to send products to customers during product introduction phase
• Initial management & design of inventory (during NPI phase) supply chain planning related to quantities & variants, raw material, semi-finished and finished goods buffers
• Process testing with data & order flows including prioritisation process design
• Presentation & visualisation for project status & regular updates
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• A strong supply chain oriented person with clearly demonstrated experience and track record of logistics experience. (Essential)
• Analytical and problem solving skills, strong oral and written communicative skills, organisational skills, influencing skills and project management skills. (Essential)
• Ability to collaborate with multiple partners on multiple levels
• Understanding of new product introduction and process development
• SAP experience essential
• Attention to detail whilst adhering to time line requirements as standard
• Desire to collaborate to ensure the project is successfully integrated
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Digital Industries Motion Control are one of the world’s leading suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and service in the motion control market. With 20,000 people and counting in factories, R&D and service sites worldwide, we shape the digital transformation of our customers in multiple industries. Exporting to all corners of the world, the Congleton facility utilises state of the art technology and leading manufacturing practices coupled to ensure high standards of customer satisfaction. Recognised internationally as a centre of excellence, the business based in the North West of England is one of Siemens showcase facilities. Help us drive productivity through digitalization – real and virtual.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens support applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time