Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position can be located anywhere in the US near a major airport.
Seeking a Project Development Engineer to develop projects for photovoltaic applications for large energy consumers, primarily in the manufacturing, healthcare, municipal and higher education market sectors. We are looking for independent and driven team players that are interested in joining a stable industry incumbent that is investing heavily into expanding its Distributed Energy offering.
Candidates should have demonstrable experience developing ground mount, roof mount and carport applications, ideally across multiple states.
The position will primarily provide project development, analysis and financial modeling support prior to the creation of permit design sets. The candidate should have a strong ability to quickly evaluate a new project opportunity and provide support to define and advance the opportunity to a more mature state, which will include site evaluations, array layouts, PVSYST simulations, technology selection, preliminary costing, financial modeling, interconnection validation, incentive review, fatal flaw analysis and issue tracking. Candidates should possess strong communication skills and an ability to collaborate with both sales and operations functions.
Candidates must be able to evaluate the viability of interconnection at the development stage and understand the interconnection process and engage the utility accordingly.
Ability to identify and understand state level solar incentive programs is a must. Existing familiarity with solar incentives programs across the US is a plus.
Preferred candidates also will have strong quantitative skills and an adequate understanding of project economic analysis and financial modeling. General knowledge of distributed energy technologies including energy storage, distributed generation, combined heat and power is a plus.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Minimum BS in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or related energy industry field; MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of project development and or industry experience specifically in the distributed energy/solar field.
- NABCEP certification is preferred.
- PVSYST modeling experience is required.
- Highly organized with an ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Team player – ability to collaborate with others to achieve mutual objectives.
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interface with customers at the executive level.
- Willingness and ability to travel for project assignments when necessary. Up to 25% travel possible.
- Fluent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced financial modeling skills is a plus
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Competitive salary + commission based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.