At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsCompany: SISW - Siemens EDA
Job Title: Hardware Support Engineer
Job Location: US - CA- FolsomJob Description
The Hardware Support Engineer is part of the Technical Operations Hardware team which leads the Hardware Support Process to achieve operational excellence in the Siemens EDA emulation product line installed base.
- The Hardware Support Engineer supports emulation products from installation to service retirement.
- The Hardware Support Engineer will actively engage within the customer base to both install, as well as diagnose and repair hardware while providing related support services.
- A major objective is to constantly fulfill our customer's requirements by maintaining system uptime as critical importance.
- In accordance, quickly resolving hardware issues and improving system reliability through the usage off all resources available.
- The Hardware Support Engineer will work jointly with the Operations, Quality, Research and Development, Sales and Application Engineering teams in a global environment.
- The leading-edge technology of our products requires a broad spectrum of electrical test and software engineering skills.
- The overall responsibility of the Hardware Support Engineer is to ensure the technical functionality of any product throughout its life.
- This includes managing the material dispositions of faulty hardware, maintaining inventory levels of spare components, update systems to ensure accurate and timely data, and communicate with other teams within Siemens EDA.
- Provide Operations support in work the collection of reports and data to help maintain a global monitoring system.
- As part of install function, the HSE will be called upon to perform a site survey at the customer site to ensure electrical and environmental conditions are met prior to hardware arrives.
- Once hardware arrives, the HSE will be responsible for unboxing, moving, and assembling the entire hardware stack followed by loading software and performing basic initial checkout testing.
- For service calls, the HSE may sit onsite at a customer Location(Folsom/Sacramento) or at a home / Siemens office (Fremont CA) and be dispatched to travel to customer site(s) on a regular basis.
- The HSE may also be asked to do basic IT systems administration from time to time.
- Bachelors in electronic or software engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Must have prior experience in the troubleshooting and repair of complex electronics hardware
- Experience with Linux OS as well as Microsoft Windows
- Experience with high speed serial data technology and systems
- Skilled in technical communication, analytical problem solving skill, working in team environments
- Must have the ability to follow technical directions, both in writing and verbally
- Experience in the handling of electronics parts (proper grounding procedures, etc.)
- Experience working directly with customers
- Knowledge of server and network technology is highly desired
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and have the flexibility to travel on very short notice regularly
- Ability to work in remote customer locations while communicating with multi-disciplinary teams
- Physical strength - the ability to move 70 pounds. Additionally this is a hands-on hardware support job requiring one to be on your feet for long hours in a lab/datacenter environment (concrete or other hard floor). Must be able to reach and work in sometimes awkward positions when attaching cables and boards.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.