Senior Financial Analyst (IC Product Segment)
Supporting multiple R&D / Marketing product groups within the Siemens DISW portfolio, the Senior Financial Analyst manages the Operational Cost and the Capital Investments of products groups with staff in located in multiple location around the world.
Works with business leaders to set budgets, optimize investment and forecast expenditure. Performs highly complex financial analyses on budgets, forecasts, operating results, and business plans to provide timely and accurate reporting for effective decision making.
Part of a diverse, collaborative, and effective Finance team that partners with the DISW IC segment leaders and other Siemens colleagues to drive effective decision making, appropriate controls and continual improvement.
May be required to work on special projects or to provide less experienced analyst with work direction and technical assistance. Operates without supervision.
- Prepare annual budgets, forecasts, reporting and variance analysis of expenses, headcount, and capital.
- Assist segment GMs and directors in understanding the financial impact of business decisions and provide guidance regarding corporate policies and procedures.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and variance analysis.
- Support segment related contractual agreements.
- Utilize management information systems and reporting tools for regular and ad hoc management reporting for functional managers and corporate finance.
- Identify opportunities for cost reductions & efficiencies.
- Must be able to work independently and work well with people across functional areas and at all levels of the organization.
- Lead or participate in ad hoc projects across IC or DISW.
- Occasional travel required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant financial analysis experience
- Solid understanding of general accounting, forecasting, expense planning, financial management, and analysis for alternative business decisions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage competing priorities successfully while meeting deadlines and maintaining responsiveness.
- Attention to detail, along with the ability to summarize information as appropriate for the audience.
- Experience using reporting tools (e.g. SAP, Hyperion)
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BA/BS degree and / or CPA or MBA preferred
- Experience working in multinational companies.
- Experience using visualization tools (e.g. Business Objects, QlikView, Tableau).
- Strong presentation skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.