Design and engineer the solution down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
- Define the products, components, and systems to be used and their concrete characteristics.
- Configure the components and systems of the solution according to the requirements.
- Develop detailed solutions for the integration to ensure the interaction of the individual elements as a functioning unit.
- Responsible for the realization of the solution with the required functionality, prepare the design documentation.
- Minister the executing units (e.g. manufacturing, procurement, logistics).
Required Skills, Education, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign degree equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or a related field and 1 year of experience in the job offered or an acceptable alternate occupation.
- Experience working with electrical distribution products and systems,
- Detailed knowledge of standard protection and control technologies used in medium voltage power distribution products including knowledge of IEC61850, Modbus and Profibus/Profinet.
- Experience analyzing customer’s technical specifications regarding the application of protection and control systems and apply appropriate product solutions to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner.
- Ability to read, understand and evaluate electrical schematics to identify errors or potential improvements.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of the Electrical Products industry.
- Demonstrated an ability to multitask and manage large workloads and business demands.
- Knowledge of ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for MV Switchgear.
- Electrical CAD experience producing protection and control schematics.
Approximately 10% travel required.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.