Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager for our Concord office who would report directly to the Head of Research & Development; someone with good analytical skills and organizationally sound, a strong communicator with solid problem solving skills who is able to multi-task on various projects.
The Project Manager will be responsible for carrying out the all project management activities for the product development organization to its release into manufacturing. They will have the authorization to issue directives to the project team members for technical matters and will work closely with designated partners in Product Marketing and Product Business Development organization.
What will you do?
- Manage projects according to the company’s established project management methodologies and tools
- Accountable for planning, managing and implementing projects from Concept to Closure in accordance to the Siemens PLM process to achieve the business goals and objective
- Develop detailed project schedules including work breakdown structure, work package and resource planning in conjunction with the cross-functional team to achieve the defined milestones; monitor progress and status
- Accountable for developing, tracking and maintaining project budget and costs
- Actively manage plans, dependencies, scope, risks, issues and quality in line with the agreed upon overall project commitments.
- Authorized to issue directives to the project employees on technical matters limited only to general objectives and policies of the organization
- Create and facilitate regular project reporting to all stakeholders across multiple hierarchy levels
- Driving and tracking change management work as project deliverables are rolled out, including activities such as training, communication, and documentation
- Manage stakeholder relations to ensure project objectives are clearly defined and met.
- Maintain project risks issues and mitigation plans as part of the regular operations process
- Work with a financial partner on charging, tracking and monitoring all project costs
- Provide input to Project Management processes procedures and standards to enable continuous improvement
- Respond to project audits and reviews as required
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Project Management in a Product Development environment
- Project Management Professional PMP certified with PMI or equivalent experience is an asset
- Experience and competence in achieving results by building and leading a project team in a multi-functional organization to constructively and collaboratively solve problems resolve conflicts and clear roadblocks
- Experience with initiating and managing engineering external sub-contractors
- Demonstrated project management experience planning, scheduling, costing and leading a team
- Self-starter with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under time constraints and is able to adapt to change easily
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and quality driven and decision-making abilities.
- Fully proficient use of MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Visio, MS Project and other office
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.