Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
The position includes managing the administrative operations of Siemens Canada’s legal department and acting as the executive assistant to the General Counsel.
- This position acts as the executive assistant to the General Counsel, performing the usual roles of drafting and managing correspondence, booking meetings, and maintaining management systems.
- The position also offers the opportunity to become involved in various paralegal activities, in both the areas of commercial contracts and regulatory matters.
Operations duties include:
- Running the department’s e-billing system with external law firms
- Operating key legal reporting and approval processes including the external counsel approval tool, litigation reporting and audit processes
- Maintaining additional legal processes such as collections and claims management and selected regulatory filings
- Operating administrative and financial tools for the department, such as procurement systems, expense reporting and travel bookings.
- The department is committed to the career growth of its members and displayed interest in building capabilities in the areas mentioned above will be strongly supported.
- Integrates new office technologies and systems as appropriate.
- Pre-empts potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts techniques knowledge or processes.
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree or diploma in related discipline
- Experience working as a Legal Executive Assistant would be an asset.
- Strong interest in areas such as legal operations, knowledge management and contracting.
- Proficiency with MSOffice, database management and file management principles, systems and best practices
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated proactive approach in dealing with differing situations requiring search for solutions.
- Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multitask complex deadlines under pressure.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.