We are currently looking for a Stores Manager responsible for both Crawley and Hornsey Depots in our Siemens Rolling Stock business.
As a successful candidate you will lead and advise the stores operation to ensure the flow of materials is undertaken in a controlled and timely manner. Achieving the required stock and security controls by setting standards of performance and implementing measuring processes to ensure the stores operation is aligned with business standards and industry best practice.
What are your responsibilities
- Implementation of an audit regime to check materials transaction and stock accuracy to ensure discrepancies are identified and corrective / appropriate action is undertaken.
- Development of the stores team to ensure the skill levels and proficiency of each individual achieves the required standard to enable the operation to run efficiently and effectively and thus providing a quality service to the maintenance operation
- Assist the materials management team in the supply and distribution of materials to support the designated fleets and wider rolling stock service business
- Collaboration with internal/ external customer to meet current needs and explore opportunities for mutual benefit
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities
- Ensure the stores organisation aligns with budgeting requirements
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility
- Understand, implement and follow the Siemens Rail Systems HSQE policies
- Demonstrate competence and development in all of the Siemens Management Standards and Siemens Leadership capabilities
- Ensure Employee Administration activities are completed in a timely manner
What do you need to qualify for the role
- Proficient in the technical requirements of a stores operation and stock control
- Experience in a stores supervisory / management position
- Hold a recognised qualification associated with stores operation
- Able to coach and mentor staff to achieve required standards and targets
- Experience of performance management through staff dialogue processes
- Good level of digital literacy
- Basic engineering knowledge
- Experience of leading a large team (preferred)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time