At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The legal counsel in this position is part of the Central Legal Hub for Digital Industries Software (DI SW), delivering global legal support to the business by facilitating commercial transactions, increasing the efficiency and expertise of the global legal team, and identifying and resolving the new legal challenges arising from evolving business and technical needs.
You will provide specialization and expertise in XaaS and data privacy topics, which mainly involve:
- providing fast paced transaction support, including negotiating directly with third parties, managing compliance with contracts and legal policies, and drafting legal documents;
- cross training DI SW Legal colleagues; and
- counseling, training, and being the primary and direct legal contact to your specialized business partners.
You will also have a crucial role transitioning existing on-premise software customers to innovative SaaS business models, by negotiating new and existing customer agreements, including data processing agreements and drive efficiency by developing best practices.
You will also cross train in order to provide legal support on multiple other areas of the DI SW business such as software licensing, professional services, engineering and consulting services, intellectual property, non-disclosure, procurement, and other contracts.
You will directly support DI SW departments, globally, and at all levels, to address legal and risk issues related to their activities and ensure compliance with Siemens policies. You will handle matters of moderate to high complexity and are expected to work independently without supervision.
The Central Legal Hub owns the legal department technology solutions and related processes aimed at driving efficiency, collaboration, and departmental alignment. This position provides the opportunity to offer innovative and creative ideas and to develop the legal department technology roadmap in partnership with the legal department leadership and the business and operations teams.
You must be able to work with a global perspective and with a geographically dispersed business. The Central Legal Hub seeks a member who embraces technology and digitalization with a growth mindset that is driven to finding solutions. You will require excellent communication and presentation skills and have a strong collaboration mindset that supports teamwork, including the ability to be both a project leader or contributor, as appropriate.
- Attorney admitted to practice in good standing.
- Comprehensive understanding of software, service, and cloud business models of a global IT company, preferably gained in-house.
- Good technical and business perception, which allows you to negotiate and evolve SISW´s commercial terms with regard to its software, service, and cloud business.
- 3+ years of experience with drafting, negotiating, and counseling clients on software, services, and XaaS business transactions, and data processing agreements including handling of multi-jurisdictional transactions.
- Native/Fluent in English.
- Experience with and excitement about legal technology solutions.
- Targeted education, certifications, or other program completion recognition in the fields of data privacy and cloud legal topics.
- Experience with implementing compliance and legal processes.
*Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.