Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Laboratory Technician 3.
This Laboratory Technician 3 position supports Walpole Technical Operations Escalation personnel via technical expertise and guidance, as they build/test diagnostic reagents and materials that will be used by clinical labs on Atellica IM, ADVIA Centaur XP, ADVIA Centaur XPT, and Centaur CP automation platforms. Position reports to Senior Supervisor of Technical Operations within the Escalation support team.
This position includes the handling of all types of materials, including hazardous and DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) controlled materials.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Laboratory Technician 3:
- You will participate in and investigate customer escalation technical issues associated with formulation and testing of immunoassay reagents and testing components.
- You will work in the laboratory running Atellica IM, ADVIA Centaur XP, ADVIA Centaur XPT, and CP instrumentation with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
- You will be handling of all types of materials, including hazardous and DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) controlled materials.
- You will participate in maintenance of the instrumentation and upkeep of the laboratory
- You will perform or assist with data analyses.
- You will assist with writing compliance documentation associated with investigations, data analyses, and experimental conclusions.
- You may prepare buffers and reagents
- You may assist with customer escalation investigations associated with corrective and preventive actions (CAPA).
- You may assist with coordinating and performing material and process changes following written protocols
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry
- 1+ years job related experience
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Flexibility and the ability to switch priorities quickly to meet business needs
- Must pass a Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) background check
- Good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and principles of immunodiagnostic technology
- Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology
- Protein chemistry and chromatography knowledge and experience
- Proficiency with Minitab and/or other statistical software
- Industrial diagnostic test development or support, Clinical Laboratory; Medical Technologist experience
- Experience working in a cross functional team i.e. QA, Marketing, R&D, and Customer Support
- Experience in writing for an organization that has approved PMA, 510K, Annex II commercialized products
- A proven ability to problem solve
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.