Digital Twins are the prerequisite of future engineering & development and the enabler of cutting-edge products. They integrate all data, models and other information of a physical asset generated along its life cycle leveraging business opportunities. Modeling, simulation, optimization and mathematical algorithms play a major role in creating digital twins and are key to predict and optimize performance of physical assets from trains via rotary machinery to buildings and medical devices. That’s where you come into play!
What part will you play?
- Be an active part of a highly diverse and successful team with outstanding team spirit
- Be an expert and shape research activities in the field of modeling, simulation & optimization for realizing Digital Twins with focus on mathematical algorithms
- Contribute to the development of technology roadmap milestones
- Know and continuously screen the trends in your specific technical area and share your knowledge
- Initiate, plan and execute R&D (sub)projects with all Siemens business within given standards and processes
- Explore new ways of working together with your team-mates and take part in hackathons in our Digital Twin Lab and collaborate with our Siemens business partners
- Define, set up and contribute to publicly funded projects on German and European level
- Select and supervise students and PhD students
- Generate and secure IP for Siemens via patents
- Successfully completed master degree in mathematics, physics, engineering sciences or computer science with very good results, PhD is a plus
- A minimum of 3 years work experience and strong background in one or more applied mathematics fields relevant for Digital Twins, e.g., numerical analysis, scientific computing, mathematical optimization, or machine learning
- Strong implementation skills (C++ and Python) and knowledge of software development process
- Experience in Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Computer-Aided Engineering (FEA, CFD, etc.) and PLM tools is a plus (e.g., Teamcenter, Simcenter, Kratos, etc.)
- Experience with project work in the industrial research and development context (definition, planning and execution)
- Curiosity in real-world industrial challenges
- Business-fluent English & German mandatory
- Team player with very good communication skills
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time