>>THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED IN ANY MAJOR US CITY<<
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The position of Microgrid Application Engineer will be responsible for developing the technical and commercial aspects of Siemens’ portfolio of Distributed Energy Systems and Solutions (DES) in the U.S. DES solutions comprise and incorporate applications such as cogeneration, small power generation, renewable energy, and energy storage. An Application Engineer has responsibility for developing front end conceptual designs, budgetary cost estimates and pro forma financial models for the turnkey installation of DES solutions. Further, the Application Engineer must work with sales executives in the field to put together business case analyses and presentations to end use customers to support the sales process.
This position will report to the Project Development Manager U.S. Distributed Energy Systems (DES), which is an organization within Siemens working to position Siemens as the preferred solutions provider for Distributed Energy Systems (DES). This position may be located anywhere within the US near a major airport.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Develop conceptual engineering designs for DES applications using appropriate software tools and modeling applications
- As part of conceptual design, identify and specify major and balance of plant equipment for the desired DES solution
- Develop budgetary cost estimates for equipment and turnkey construction of the relevant DES solution
- Understand utility rates, regulations, and demand response programs for behind the meter distributed energy applications
- Develop energy savings and pro forma economic value models for said applications through analysis of utility rates and incentive programs
- Work with sales and sales managers to develop capture plans and technical proposals
- Mentors and supports technical teams and individuals with customer presentations, proposal development, and concept design
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of industry leadership experience
- Position will have annual utilization targets with senior-level responsibility for meeting business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical field; Advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and secure results in a matrix environment without direct managerial control.
- Experience working in diverse teams
- Project development experience in the power industry is a plus
- Strong Experience with the electrical and control engineering aspects of power projects is a plus
- Expertise in the energy industry, specifically Distributed Energy sector
- Deep understanding of state and federal regulatory constructs in the USPower sector
- Strong understanding of customer business & drivers for behind-the-meter power applications
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
- Travel ~25%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Competitive salary + commission based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.