Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
Siemens Mobility has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Procurement Professional to join our team in Melbourne. This role will be responsible to integrate procurement in the project management process (PM@Siemens) and organises, controls and monitors all procurement activities in bids and projects in execution.
- Participates in project/sales meetings as project core team member to exert a shaping influence at an early stage and to optimise internal workflows and processes.
- Establishes proper sourcing and procurement processes and controls all procurement resources and activities in the project.
- Analyse customer inquiries during bid preparation / opportunity management phases and exactly understands the customer's functional needs in order to include (supplier) innovations.
- Supports project calculation with reliable material and service cost data.
- Analyse scope of supply and contract agreements, carries out risk analyses and introduces negotiation recommendations.
- Analyse sales and operations planning in respect of starting / new projects, assessing and controlling of material costs within the whole project business in order to ensure the involvement of Procurement.
- Drives procurement strategies in projects and ensures their implementation.
- Heads up contractual and price negotiations and/or supports the specialist buyers responsible for particular material fields.
- Clarifies internal indicators for project controlling and compiling all relevant information to submit qualified reports.
- Forwards systematically all relevant procurement related project information to stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
- University degree in either business administration or engineering; or similar.
- Good understanding of project management methodology.
- At least 5+ years’ experience as a procurement professional, ideally within the rail industry.
- Sound experience in managing functional project teams.
- Experience working in an international and complex matrix-organisation, preferred.
- Proficient knowledge in SAP, MS Office is required, Tableau is an advantage.
- Understanding of import and export regulations.
- Excellent ability to communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders across the businesses.
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time