Siemens Mobility Limited have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Requirements Engineer to join our Products & Services team within the Rail Infrastructure, Electrification business in Coventry.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
The Rail Electrification business supplies switchgear equipment as well as the SCADA control system alongside other engineering solutions to rail industry operators and suppliers worldwide. This includes the ASG 25 Air insulated Switchgear, which is now designed, manufactured, built & tested in the UK. We have earned a respected reputation in the industry which has developed as a result of our success in delivering to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in developing the next generation of rail technology such as the Static Var Compensator & Static Frequency Converter, so this is a fantastic time to join the business in the development of a new, exciting technology.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
Due to expansion within the business an Assistant Requirements Engineer is required to support the execution of Requirements Management across Siemens RE projects.
The Assistant Requirements Engineer will have knowledge of systems engineering practices and processes, supporting projects in delivering requirements work. They will support the Requirements Engineer in defining and applying Requirements Management activities throughout the lifecycle of projects, delivering on time and budget. Where required they will adapt processes and procedures appropriate for the business and/or project. The candidate will also be required to implement and maintain document control process and procedures within projects.
As appropriate, the successful candidate may act as the Systems Engineering Requirements Management interface for their areas of responsibility to the customer, Project Management, the Bid Group, Engineering, technical interface partners, and other key customers.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Provide Requirements management support across the full spectrum of the RE business, working with the Senior Project Manager / Requirements Engineer.
- Contributes to and executes project specific requirements plans.
- Ensures rigorous traceability of project requirements, including baseline scope, workscope amendments, and project changes (variations) and are communicated to the project team
- Supports project team members to deliver significant areas of the Requirements Management Plan.
- Supports bids to ensure customer requirements have been fully understood.
- Work with suppliers in ensuring solutions align with requirements.
- Establish important metrics and provide reports as required to the business/partners.
- Provides Document Control support for projects where necessary.
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience do I need to qualify for this job?
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering including requirements definition
- Experience with or cognisance of Requirements management tool DOORS would be desirable but not essential
- Experience of project delivery, ideally within the rail industry.
- Ability to collaborate closely with the project teams and customers as required on project configuration management requirements.
- Knowledge of document control and its application within projects. Direct experience preferred.
- Good IT skills, including MS Office Applications, particularly Excel – metrics generation, experience with macros / visual basic would be helpful.
- Management skills & ability in terms of, written and verbal communication; presentation skills; problem identification; categorisation and solving; people skills; customer management; negotiation skills and change management.
- Competitive annual salary and performance related bonus
- 26 days holiday, growing with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join Siemens. Our people love here, and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time