Business Line Service Controller, Service Business Administration
Siemens Healthcare Limited | Frimley
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical technology, we are offering an ambitious candidate the chance to be a strong player in the Service Business Administration (CS BA) Team in Siemens Healthineers GB&I. The CS BA team provides strong and reliable commercial and financial reporting, controlling & support for Service across the Healthcare group. Therefore, balancing the need for accuracy and efficiency throughout all aspects of the work focusing on digitalisation as well as monitoring and driving actions for improvements are key. In addition, a close collaboration with multiple stakeholders and peers is very important. The role reports into the Head of Customer Service Business Administration and provides a close communication with Service Management.
What are my main responsibilities?
- Control the month end process to ensure that Service data is accurate each month, raising journals on a timely basis, ensuring that:
- All balance sheet reconciliations and RIC controls are completed for Service
- New Orders and Revenue are recognised in line with current accounting guidelines
- Global, Zone and Country Service reporting requirements are fulfilled on a timely basis, for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Take ownership of Service productivity reporting, updating of One PumaWeb (OPW) and acting as finance expert for OPW.
- Full responsibility for Education reporting, including forecasting, budgeting and analysis of New Orders, Revenue Profit and FTE by Business Line (BL).
- Full responsibility for Service Diagnostics reporting, including forecasting, budgeting and analysis of CoGS, oCoGS and FTE by BL.
- Provision of analytical reports for the Finance and Service Community to support informed business decision making.
- Monthly in-depth analysis of all Service costs, comparing to forecast & budget, highlighting areas of concern & unusual items, investigating critical areas and correcting mis-postings as needed.
- Play an integral role in the monthly forecast and annual budget and target-setting processes.
- Drive process improvement through digitalisation, to improve efficiency, accuracy & timeliness of reports & analysis.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with key members of the Service team. Act as the first line contact providing timely and effective advice and guidance on all commercial and finance related topics.
- Ad-hoc activities e.g. changes to tools & processes to reflect Global changes to depth structures; responses to queries; deputising for Head of BA Service
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Passionate, self-motivated with a growth mindset
- Ability to set priorities, can overcome obstacles and willingness to learn from mistakes
- Strong analytical skills and very proficient in the use of MS Excel and MS Powerpoint
- Significant business experience in a financial role
- Fully qualified accountant
- Comfortable working with senior management
- Enjoy collaborating and ability to work effectively in teams to find innovative solutions
- Experience with Big Data and drawing valuable insights from large volumes of data
- Passion for Digitalisation in Finance and learning new tools e.g. KNIME, Power BI, Power Automate, UI Path
- SAP experience would be an advantage
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time