Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability and resilience.
The net zero challenge is driving a fundamental change in energy generation and consumption, with a seven-fold increase in DER installations projected by 2030. This groundbreaking transformation of the energy sector, characterized by a bi-directional power flow from intermittent renewable energy resources and new consumption patterns, results in enormous complexity.
Our bigger purpose? We believe that software is the key to turn these challenges into opportunities.Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
In our newly formed fast-growing business, we are looking for people with the skills and vision to build an energy-efficient and decarbonized future to support a more sustainable environment. Join our team, get inspired, and help us re-imagine the world!It's your role, here's the part you can play:
- Create well-designed customer specs.
- Understand users, apply good usability practices and continuously find better ways to improve the experience.
- Actively collaborate with product managers, UX, QA engineers and Release engineers to own the solution from development to production.
- Research new libraries or techniques, creating proof of concepts and prototypes.
- Develop high level and detailed designs, implementation, automated tests, and performance and resilience tests.
- Mentor, encourage, and build up junior team members to increase team capabilities, maturity, and best practices
- Help to foster an environment of open communication, creative thinking, problem solving, and cohesive team effort.
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- 2+ years of experience as a team lead for frontend applications.
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing frontend applications.
- MS/BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- Expertise in designing modern component and module-based interfaces such as JS-modules and web components/React/Angular-style componentization
- Experience with Redux or similar modern state management/dataflow techniques
- Experience with Webpack, Gulp, Babel, and Rollup.
- Experience with the npm ecosystem, including using/building packages and dealing with dependencies
- Experience developing and deploying single-page applications and advanced topics, such as PWA, HTTP/2, web sockets.
- Experience with coding for high performance (e.g. using async/promises), flexibility (e.g. using template literals), and localization/internationalization.
- Experience with mobile / tablet UI as a browser-based web app.
- Strong front-end debugging skills.
- Experience in unit testing code with JEST / enzyme / Jasmine / Karma / Mocha / Chai.
- Strong team player who values collaboration, innovation, and inclusion.
- A constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things.
- Passionate about developing amazing user experiences.
- Strong technical English written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly explain and document technical ideas and designs, developer guidelines, operations guides, and prepare and conduct technical presentations and knowledge transfers.
- Proven ability to work closely as part of a small development team, providing design review and guidance, code review, test case review.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Working knowledge of Web Components, Shadow DOM, Templates.
- Experience working on UI Frameworks.
- Experience with web component interoperability with other frameworks, e.g. using Angular Elements
An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization. A working atmosphere and culture based on trust, responsibility and respect.
We celebrate the fact that our people are individuals and have different preferences and needs. If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit extraordinary minds from all walks of life. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and are happy to give the opportunity to discuss flexibility and reasonable adjustment requirements. Many of our teams are working effectively in a remote, virtual environment adding to our ability to offer more flexibility on how you handle your time.
Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: eMeter Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.