This position can be based out of any major U.S. City.
Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Electrical Operations Center (RAM EOC) is responsible for the implementation of complex projects for the Power Infrastructure industry.
Smart Infrastructure RAM EOC is seeking a Senior Project Executive to manage our National Electrical Services project portfolio. This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
- Managing projects according to defined Project Management policies, guidelines, programs, and standards.
- Delivering on all critical phase gates of a program including but not limited to quality deliverables.
- You will ensure project definition, controlling, and reporting towards management.
This role will also supervise, direct, and motivate the project team during planning, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects while ensuring customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
Projects typically consist of:
- Low- and Medium-Voltage Acceptance Testing
- Preventive Maintenance
- Repairs and Upgrades
- Power System Studies
- Large Turnkey Projects
- The Senior Project Executive represents the company as the main point of contact for the customer, subcontractors, and site trades. This includes communicating in a professional manner both verbally and in writing.
- Understand the contract deliverables and develop necessary schedule and plans for delivering them.
- Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the project deliverable
- Responsible for the project financials, including project billing schedule.
- Maintain project Change Orders and Request for Information Logs.
- Identify potential problems and proactively address.
- Develop cohesive and effective project teams while working in a matrix organization.
- Support of project proposal efforts. This includes identifying deliverables and commercial issues by reviewing RFP / contract specifications and working with the engineering team on a cost-effective execution model.
- Responsible for all project activities including monthly financial and labor forecasting, monthly cost-to-complete reviews, and invoicing and collections for assigned projects.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or other Technology Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Siemens internal candidates are to be PM@Siemens PM Certified.
- Site commissioning experience required.
- Required experience: Eight years of experience in the installation, maintenance, engineering, of low and medium-voltage power distribution systems as noted in the position overview including at least eight years of project management experience.
- Travel approximately 25% as required for projects.
- Must understand and be able to discuss project schedules. This includes being proficient in the use of MS Project.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Must be able to discuss project financials in detail.
- Be able to discuss confrontational issues (ex. claims, delays, etc.) with customer.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational skills: must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and be at least 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- PMI Project Management Professional certification preferred.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.