eMeter is at the heart of the Internet of Things and Smart Grid revolution sweeping the globe: every electric, gas, and water meter around the world is being replaced by a smart meter that can measure precisely when and how much energy is consumed. We’re one of two major product portfolios making up the Siemens Digital Grid Software unit, and are the leading provider of software that manages the enormous stream of data generated by smart meters and a growing number of other types of devices and sensors on the smart grid network.
The EnergyIP suite of smart grid applications enables utilities and their customers to lower costs, provide better service, and make smarter energy decisions. It is built on a common IoT platform, that uses state of the art technologies for distributed, high volume processing, storage and analysis, for both transactional and analytics applications. Our growing suite of applications includes smart meter data collection and billing (“meter to cash”), outage detection, demand response, energy efficiency monitoring, customer portal, plus a suite of big data analytics apps for analyzing consumer behavior, and optimizing the distribution grid.
We offer technically challenging work, opportunity for growth, an open and collaborative culture, and the chance to make a difference.
eMeter is seeking a Senior Frontend Developer, who is enthusiastic and quick to learn, and who can:
- Create well-designed customer specs.
- Understand users, apply good usability practices and continuously find better ways to improve the experience.
- Actively collaborate with product managers, UX, QA engineers and Release engineers to own the solution from development to production.
- Research new libraries or techniques, creating proof of concepts and prototypes.
- Develop high level and detailed designs, implementation, automated tests, and performance and resilience tests.
- Help to foster an environment of open communication, creative thinking, problem solving, and cohesive team effort.
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing frontend applications.
- Expertise in designing modern component and module-based interfaces such as JS-modules and web components/React/Angular-style componentization
- Experience with Redux or similar modern state management/dataflow techniques
- Experience with Webpack, Gulp, Babel, and Rollup.
- Experience developing and deploying single-page applications and advanced topics, such as PWA, HTTP/2, web sockets.
- Experience with coding for high performance (e.g. using async/promises), flexibility (e.g. using template literals), and localization/internationalization.
- Experience with mobile / tablet UI as a browser-based web app.
- Strong front-end debugging skills.
- Experience in unit testing code with JEST / enzyme / Jasmine / Karma / Mocha / Chai.
- Strong team player who values collaboration, innovation, and inclusion.
- A constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things.
- Passionate about developing amazing user experiences.
- Strong technical English written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly explain and document technical ideas and designs, developer guidelines, operations guides, and prepare and conduct technical presentations and knowledge transfers.
- Proven ability to work closely as part of a small development team, providing design review and guidance, code review, test case review.
Great to Have Skills:
- Working knowledge of Web Components, Shadow DOM, Templates.
- Experience working on UI Frameworks.
- Experience with web component interoperability with other frameworks, e.g. using Angular Elements
- MS/BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: eMeter Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.