Russelectric, A Siemens Business, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of power control systems including paralleling switchgear and automatic transfer switches. As a growing business, we are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our growing team. The field service engineer performs emergency repairs, warranty service; field service & engineering of electrical power distribution and control equipment.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
The Field Automation Support Engineer will be responsible for supporting the PLC control logic used to control and monitor switchgear systems. The engineer will also be responsible for supporting the SCADA application to ensure that all specified software operations and features are provided, accurate, and intuitive.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Always receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and embracing continuous improvement.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing the program objective vs. hardware provided.
- Provides remote and on-site support for local filed engineers.
- Provide automation support for custom PLC programs with both function block and ladder logic style programming using a standards-based approach.
- Provide automation support for project specific SCADA control and monitoring screens.
- Participates in the continuous improvement of PLC / SCADA programming standards.
- Carry cell phone and be available for automation support 24/7.
- Travel Percentage: 30% - paid travel time, expenses, plus Per Diem.
- Strong understanding of PLC Network Architecture. This includes, but is not limited to Redundant PLC Controllers, Remote IO Drops, and all associated network protocols.
- Strong understanding of Emergency Power Switchgear Systems. This includes, but is not limited to No-Load Tests, ATS Load Tests, Manual/Auto Load Control, and Generator Demand.
- Ability to support custom PLC programming for new Emergency Power Switchgear Systems.
- Ability to support custom PLC programming for legacy Switchgear Systems. These modifications will be implemented to an on-line facility, and a smooth transition from old to new automation is crucial. Utility/Generator Switchgear Systems provide power to the on-line facility at all times, making it extremely difficult to implement incremental upgrades. For this reason, full, accurate simulation of the system in the various stages of the upgrade is also required.
- Ability to support lifelike software simulation of Emergency Power Switchgear Systems
- Ability to host live demonstrations for existing and potential customers, highlighting the strengths of our switchgear automation.
- Collaborate with other departments, commissioning agents, and end users to come up with improvements and new features for our Switchgear Systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicable degree in Automation and Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a diverse environment with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with windows based operating systems and TCP/IP networks.
- Knowledge of standard data types (Boolean, Integer, Double Integer, Floating Point, etc…)
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming.
- Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists, and other documentation.
- Experience with a variety of communication methods, such as Genius, SRTP, Ethernet Global Data, Profinet, and Modbus.
- Experience with a variety of programming PLCs and SCADAs, including LM90, VersaPro, Proficy, RSLogix 5000, ProWORX, Step 7, and Wonderware.
- Understanding of 3 phase power.
- Understanding of diesel generator start/stop control, synchronizing, load sharing, and soft loading.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
This position reports to the Field Automation Support Team Manager and is a ‘home office’ position.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.