Company: Siemens EDA (formerly known as Mentor Graphics)
Job Title: Software Developer (Python/C++)
Job Location: Saskatoon, SK
Reference Number: 249107
We are looking for talented junior and senior software developers to join our technical team at the Saskatoon research & development site of Siemens EDA. We develop leading-edge chip design software used by some of the world's largest technology companies, recently highlighted here: https://aws.amazon.com/partners/success/arm-siemens-eda/.
At Siemens EDA, we develop custom software (https://eda.sw.siemens.com/en-US/ic/solido/) to solve problems in circuit verification, design automation, and other specialized fields within the semiconductor industry. Solutions are found through machine learning, statistical analysis, and advanced (and patented!) techniques. You will be working at the cutting-edge of software development with industry-leading customers at one of the largest companies in the world. This position is ideally located at our brand-new and state-of-the-art offices at Innovation Place in Saskatoon, SK, but remote work from anywhere in Canada can also be an option.
- Use Python and/or C++ to develop software that addresses some of the world's most challenging problems.
- Work with a top-notch technical team, here in Saskatoon and around the world, to ensure our leading electronic design automation products evolve to meet the changing expectations of our customers.
- Collaborate directly with technology experts at major semiconductor companies to define, develop, and deliver new products and product features.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop high-quality software in a collaborative environment (school or work).
- Demonstrated expertise in some or all of the following: object-oriented programming (Python and/or C++), Linux, testing, source control (Git), algorithms, debugging, profiling, GUI design (Qt).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated through software documentation (commit messages, docstrings, etc), collecting customer requirements, and communicating with team members.
- A team player; an ability to provide and be receptive of constructive feedback (through code reviews, design iteration, and the verification process); mentor and teach others on the team.
- Customer-focused; have the ability to prioritize tasks based on customer experience and ROI.
- Willingness to learn and interested in new challenges.
- Nice-to-have expertise: Statistics (Monte Carlo analysis), test automation, transistor-level circuit design, EDA CAD tools, SQL, and release management.
- Must be available to work from our Saskatoon facility.
Employment with Siemens EDA requires you to vaccinate against the COVID-19 virus fully. Proof of vaccination will be required as a part of our background check process. An individual who is unable to be vaccinated due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting your Talent Acquisition Partner
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.