Mission/Function of the Role?
This position provides property management on expert level for one or multiple sites in day-to-day operations with focus on building technology and FM.
The successful incumbent will report to Asset Management Manager
1. Handles local real estate lifecycle maintenance and customer demand
2. Continually strives to deliver solutions through teamwork that ensures continuous improvement through innovative solutions.
3. Provides guidance, coaching, and mentoring of departmental staff.
4. Ensures compliance in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, the ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001:2005 certification requirements and other local applicable laws and municipal by-laws.
5. Provide guidance & support for commissioning & operational certification of site equipment and systems incl. Distributed Energy, HVAC, Fire Protection, Security and CCTV, E-Chargers, Borehole and Water Management.
6. Continually strive to deliver solutions through teamwork that ensures continuous improvement through innovative solutions.
7. Achieving / maintaining of the facilities and processes in full compliance with the current Siemens Real Estate regulations and guidelines - both local and international
8. Participate in project teams and support other relevant organizational departments in achieving head office use-case status in sustainability practices and Siemens products to external customers.
C. Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Business Management
1.1. Achieves high performance by providing tactical, operational, and behavioral mentoring and guidance to facilities management service provider team
1.2. Shared accountability for achieving the Siemens head office facility management and operational plans and mitigation of any risk to the site operations including workflow, ethics, quality, finances, regulatory compliance, and other material company requirements.
1.3. Identify and continuously present key opportunities and synergies that will improve the operation within own and/ or other departments.
1.4. Lead or participate in departmental and/ or site wide projects.
1.5. Monitoring & reporting on key operations, critical numbers and key performance indicators that impacts the Siemens Real Estate business’s short, medium- and long-term objectives.
1.6. Participate with the location management and business management team in proactively mitigating risks and find solutions to facilities / customer project installations where possible.
1.7. Support organizational transition into external tenant lease operations and commercial mind-set as well as instituting this across sites with regards to managing efficiencies, reducing wastage, and contributing to overall profitability.
1.8. Financial control over facility operations including maintenance of inventories at optimum level (availability of critical spare parts and operating supplies)
2. Quality Management
2.1. Achieve high performance, through the Quality Management and GMR2 team, against the Corporate Quality deliverables and provide the required support to external tenant installations to ensure overall company success.
2.2. Develops building passes, maintenance planning, applications, and executes maintenance projects.
2.3. Ensures maintenance activities are performed in compliance of Siemens Real Estate guidelines and local real estate norms and standards. Maintenance schedules in place for all equipment/ systems on site.
2.4. Continuously build and support a sound quality assurance culture.
2.5. Sound problem solving skills.
3. Core Technical:
3.1. Ensures adherence to maintenance principles, guideline, processes (Tools: PM@RE, Process House)
3.2. Sound understanding of Building Management Systems
3.3. Knowledge of Industrial PC’s and / Soft PLC controlled systems.
3.4. Sound knowledge on Siemens Desigo CC or WinCC Ecosystem.
3.5. Proven commercial skills within the areas of Budgeting, Forecasting and Savings Initiative
3.6. Knowledge in Strategic Real Estate Management, Location Concepts, Construction, RE Development, Lease and Sale Proceeding, Contract Management, Business Administration and Project Management
3.7. Responsible for the management of the planned and preventative maintenance function on office and industrial sites
3.8. Strong fault findings skills and problem solving is required.
3.9. Equipment Life cycle costing; Implementation of PM@RE
3.10. Utilize information technology as a design aid for replacement, and maintenance strategies for mechanical and utilities engineering services
3.11. Proactively mitigate general business as well as area of responsibility- related risks and find ways to mitigate these.
4. Technical Competencies required to perform this aspect of the role:
4.1. Relationship building ability
4.2. Coaching / mentoring ability
4.3. Delegation and role clarity for facilities management service provider
4.4. Conflict Management
4.5. Negotiation Ability
4.6. Metric & KPI development
4.7. Technical Report Writing
4.8. Operational Costing & Budgeting
4.9. Coaching & Mentoring of peers & facilities management staff
4.10. Experience in the building services industry made up of local and international exposure and has acquired a good level of knowledge in the field including:
4.11. Mechanical building services design including HVAC and electrical building services for office and industrial sites
4.12. Utilising information technology as a design aid Access, replacement, and maintenance strategies for mechanical and Utilities engineering services
4.13. Life cycle costing; Advising on PM strategy and implementation
4.14. Proactively mitigate general business as well as area of responsibility- related risks and find ways to mitigate these.
4.15. Instil a cost-conscious culture and responsible investment in initiatives that add value to the business and fits within the financial plan and priorities
4.16. Drive continuous improvement plans and priorities through the implementation of appropriate tools or methodologies in order to proactively manage risk, reduce wastage and to improve quality on site.
5. Generic Competencies required to perform this aspect of the role:
5.1. Strategic & Holistic Thinking
5.2. Sustainable Stakeholder Management
5.3. Financial Acumen
5.4. Action & Results Oriented
5.5. Assertive & Resilient
5.6. Proactive in mitigating risk
5.7. Clear, timely and effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
5.8. Analytical Ability
5.9. Maintains confidentiality and trust
5.10. Ethical leadership
5.11. Project planning, implementation, execution and close out skills.
6. Experience & industry accreditation / knowledge
• 3-7 years’ experience with at least three years of the following real estate fields: Asset Management, Portfolio Management
• Experience in CIDB accredited:
o electrical installations in buildings,
o electrical reticulation within building site
o standby plant and uninterrupted power supply
• Experience in general business management.
• Proven track record in project management.
• Experience in having successfully faced local and international quality audits will be an advantage
• Quality & regulatory compliance knowledge
• BTech/Bsc Electrical Engineering degree / Pr Eng or close to registration at ECSA
• Recognition is given to Prior Learning and practical experience.
• Complementary Training or Certification in the financial field or business management ideally with real estate focus
Organization: Siemens Real Estate
Company: Siemens Proprietary Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time