Siemens Digital Industries Software (DI SW) is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different markets. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
We are in the position to recruit for an Industry Specialist, Process & Materials, Simcenter STAR-CCM+ to join our phenomenal team!
Joining the Industries team within the CCM business line. The team consists of individuals who are each responsible for leading the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ business strategy for their industry segment. You will be the lead for the Process Industry, specifically in the materials industry such as glass, cement and metallurgy.
This team provides industry insight to build and capture value. You will work with the sales, marketing and product management teams, as well as senior management on one hand and application engineers and technical specialists on the other hand.
The role has two key functions:
Business development: Guiding and supporting the sales and marketing teams and initiatives to drive business for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ within the pharma, glass, steel, cement & material sub-industry. This includes:
- Developing sales and marketing collateral in support of STAR-CCM+ in glass, cement & metallurgy sales initiatives;
- Training the sales team, and guiding the application engineers in creating examples and validations
- Visiting and presenting to industry customers and at dedicated events.
Helping to add new value, by identifying and quantifying market opportunities, and how to realise them (e.g. to buy, build or partner). This involves:
- Converting existing capabilities of STAR-CCM+ and associated tools to complete applications and solutions.
- Quantifying new opportunities as a mentorship to Product and Senior management; reporting on progress made periodically;
- Working with Product Management to give input on industry needs in this area and collaborate on product roadmaps;
- Degree in related Engineering or Science subject areas;
- Knowledge of and experience working in applying computational solutions (CFD, DEM, structural mechanics, system simulation), basic principles of physics & chemistry for glass, metallurgy, cement or similar process industry;
- Experience in business development or consultant role; specifically, convincing partners about the value of simulation in solving complex problems;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (English language) skills; ability to connect with people at different levels of management and technical backgrounds
- Ability to be a self starter and work in an open, collaborative team, with a focus on perfection;
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Computational Dynamics Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time