Computer Tomography (CT) Technical Support Engineer
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are searching for a home-based Technical Support Engineer (TSE) to join our Computed Tomography (CT) team. This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer to join our award-winning organisation, where you will work as part of the regional support team to cover our CTproduct line.
As a Technical Support Engineer the successful candidate will be working as part of the Customer Services Diagnostics Remote Services Centre helpdesk team provides problem analysis and technical clarification support services to both internal and external customers. Through the technical call clarification process, they aim to achieve and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction for Siemens Healthineers products, thereby ensuring continued profitable growth of the Healthcare business.
This role requires the individual to demonstrate the ability to analyse, remotely troubleshoot, repair, maintain and support clinically the CT equipment in the UK. Additionally, they must be able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and address customer support issues promptly and professionally.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- In your role, you are responsible for analysing malfunctions on Siemens CT systems together with service technicians and clinical customers
- You participate in a global team of experts which you utilize in virtual meeting rooms, chats or remote access together with our internal knowledge database to carry out diagnoses independently on the system
- Based on your analysis you create an action plan and evaluate if and what spare parts are needed
- Working autonomously, you track measures, implement adaptations, share knowledge and escalate issues
- Attendance of training courses and technical seminars in the UK and abroad is required. The successful candidate will be required to participate in an out of hours technical support ROTA as part of the Customer Care Centre’s 7 day a week support process.
- To find out more about the specific business, look at our Services Imaging & Therapy.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of an HNC or equivalent in Engineering, Electronics, IT or Physics or a related discipline is needed
- Proven experience repairing the full range of CT modality products
- Trained and demonstrable experience with the full range of CTmodality products
- IT skills, including an in-depth understanding & support of: DICOM & associated troubleshooting, SRS, SAP, Microsoft Office and Networking infrastructure as well as current CS IT technologies.
- An understanding of clinical modality applications and workflow
- Demonstrable experience of image quality testing and problem resolution
- A working knowledge of fault analysis and resolution
- Knowledge of material logistics, spare part tracking and escalation
- Knowledge of internal commercial processes and customer service offerings
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with staff and customers at all levels.
- Technical report writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and develop positive customer relationships
- Analyse, plan, report and take action on technical issues
Your attributes and skills:
- With your great communication skills, you are a valuable team member and help maintaining a good relationship to our technical engineers and customers.
- You share a global mindset, want to drive change, take part in intercultural development and actively participate in our growing global team of experts
- As a team player with passion for your work you contribute to our goals.
- You look forward to on-site visits (approx. 10%, if required) mainly in UK
- Support customers and service technicians at home and abroad, document problems, easily communicate internally with your colleagues and participate in trainings.
- You are comfortable with working on several topics in parallel, prioritizing your workload and keeping customer satisfaction firmly in focus at all time.
This is a home-based role but a flexible approach to travel is required; shift working will be required, with opportunities for out of hours support. The jobholder will be required to provide remote as well as occasional field based technical support and command a high level of analytical skills.
As the role will be mainly home-based, applicants must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively supporting customers being part of the Remote Services Centre. The candidate should be flexible regarding working hours and may spend time away from home occasionally. From time to time the nature of Healthcare business dictates that the candidate may be expected to work outside normal hours or weekend days thereby spending nights away from home in order to meet business needs, attend trainings and meetings.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time