Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactive. We foster a team work culture with room for individual development.
Join our team as “Solution Consultant (m/f/d)” Model Based Enterprise in Germany or any other location in Western Europe.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
We have an opening for a Solution Consultant with the NX CAM Machining Software product development team.
This is a key role within a Lean-AGILE development organization, to support the Machining Product Portfolio team in defining and driving the ongoing development, testing and taking to market of CAM automation solutions.
The areas of technology and processes involved could range from design for manufacture, through manufacturing planning, to CNC and CMM programming. Specifically, this is a unique opportunity for the right individual to help shape the further evolution of model driven manufacturing and process automation within a CAM software solution set.
An understanding of the wide range of technologies and current concepts related to the Model Drive Enterprise, techniques in planning and programming automation would be desirable.
The position will require occasional travel, working with key customers in evaluating their requirements related to design to manufacture automation, MBD techniques and best practices.
The successful applicant will be able to show a drive to seek and to define new solution ideas. Experience with preparing and validating hypotheses for innovation proposals would be an advantage.
Your qualifications - meaningful and adequate
- Degree and /or Masters level qualifications in a related technical discipline, ideally related to manufacturing.
- A good understanding of part manufacturing technologies, especially related to part manufacturing process, specifically including machining.
- An ability to interface with existing and potential customers in a wide range of industrial and engineering companies engaging in detailed discussions covering advanced technologies and part manufacturing processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and good presentation skills are essential.
- A strong interest in working in the technical software industry if not already in this environment.
- In depth experience with NX CAD/CAM software at a user and workflow level, though other, similar system experience would be valuable.
- Knowledge of current techniques and technology related to Model Based Definition and Model Driven Manufacturing Automation.
- A proven ability to define your own day to day tasks relative to the overall objectives.
- A Lean-Agile mindset
- There is some flexibility in the location though preference will be given to candidate who is (or can be) located where communication and interaction with existing staff is convenient and practical. Home based working is a possible option if that is common for Siemens DISW staff within the country of location.
- Travel: Some local/ regional and some international will be required – subject to current travel policies and conditions - depending on specific projects and customer locations.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is a innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate ground breaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Mr. Markus Kies.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time