Siemens US Talent Acquisition
In this position, you will contribute as part of the Enterprise Scheduling team responsible for managing complex Plant-wide Project Schedules (Engineering, Procurement, and Manufacturing elements) for advanced Rail Vehicle Projects. You will be supporting team members in driving the specific departments, teams and/or projects to meet the Master Schedule by helping develop, track, and maintain complex master schedules for projects. You may also be involved in many planning aspects related to, capacity planning, process improvements, lean manufacturing, engineering, and supply chain management. You may be involved in high level strategic planning, forecasting and bid preparation. You will support the team at various levels.
- Help team members manage development, tracking, and reporting of complex plant schedules, based on inputs from functional department managers.
- Become versed in Primavera software, create/update project schedules under supervision.
- Be able to have micro and macro level understanding of issues related to plant performance, forecasts, bottlenecks and trends.
- Support in the development of plant wide master schedules (key team member).
- Be able to simplify problems to determine impacts (impact analysis).
- Pro-actively drive operations managers and the broader team for mitigations and schedule recoveries.
- Development of reports for cross-functional departments to monitor schedule performance at various levels with respect to baselines and factory manpower loading.
- Support subject matter experts in driving teams to overcome roadblocks or delays through using various methods such as industry related knowledge, innovating short cuts or alternative ways, improvising plans to meet targets and the like.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Required education: Working towards a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a technical field.
- Preferred experience: 1+ years of experience in Industrial, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, Project Management, or Manufacturing Planning/Controls fields of work or study.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Strong Excel and Computer skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a multifaceted manufacturing environment
- A strategic and analytical mindset
- Required travel: 5% or less.
- Remote and In-office mix flexibility
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred education: Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or similar) with an interest in Project Management/Project Controls.
- Experience with scheduling software such as Primavera in a manufacturing or construction environment preferred but not required.
- Understanding of manufacturing/operations processes preferred.
- Understanding of the Rail / Rolling Stock / Heavy Manufacturing Industry is a plus.
- Experience in fostering strong partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Experience with SAP ERP
- Experience with Tableau software
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.