Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
The core responsibilities of the Critical Infrastructure Protection Business Developer will be to generate and lead all sales related activities while being the primary contact for prospective and current clients and partners. The ideal candidate possesses strong interpersonal skills and abilities to collaborate. The candidate has dynamic presentation skills and has exceptional communications skills. This is an exciting permanent opportunity for an innovative, talented, self-starter and energetic person to join a practice that is experiencing significant growth and momentum. We are looking for an exceptional business development professional to join our Canadian team.
As a Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Business Developer, you will be responsible to engage and secure new business for our Critical Infrastructure Practice, a part of the Power Technologies International business segment within Siemens Smart Infrastructure. Our core offerings include services ranging from consulting/professional services to managed security services including Security Operations as enabled through our Cyber Defense Centre, inclusive of security services for smart grids, energy companies and industrials. We address the future requirements of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and the convergence/emergence of pure Digital Technology systems.
What will you do?
- Lead the process to find new prospective clients in the Cyber Security environment to secure opportunities leveraging our service offerings
- Perform Cold Calls to develop a strong pipeline of potential customers while entertaining frequent dialogue with prospective clients
- Engage in strategic dialogue with existing customers which to expand their relationship through security.
- Arrange client/prospect meetings and follow up on opportunities involving the necessary internal team members as needed
- Manage responses to request for proposals (RFP) and request for quotations (RFQ)
- Lead customer facing interaction and help develop statement of work as required
- Work closely with internal management team to collaborate and execute plans to succeed and close net new business
- Lead onsite workshops with client executives, and contribute to the identification and elaboration of customer business linking existing services and innovations in cyber security environment
- Work closely with the Critical Infrastructure Protection Business Practice Lead to understand the business trends, and service offerings
- Establish connection with existing customer to strengthen trust and develop subsequent opportunities
- Maintain and update sales opportunities in tracking systems
- Ongoing client support and other related tasks as assigned
- Closely collaborate with Cyber R&D team to ensure development of portfolio to meet the market demands
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ overall experience as a Sales/business development specialist
- University degree in related discipline or substantial relevant experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the Cyber Security field and Managed Security Services is a definite asset
- Knowledge of electricity utility, energy industry
- Show proven leadership abilities around proactively owning and focusing on growing order intake
- Experience using Salesforce to track sales activities is an asset
- Strong negotiations skill is a definite asset
- Very good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Additional languages of French/German/ Spanish would be considered an asset
- 25% of domestic and minimal international travel will be required (when safe to travel)
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.