Product Manager 5
Automation Product Manager
This position is a global Product Management role, reporting to the Director of Portfolio & Product Management of the Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics’ CAI Business Unit. The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Product Management responsibilities for Automation product systems
- Product Health management activities for assigned Automation product line(s)
- Product strategy, innovation, and life cycle management of assigned Automation product line(s)
- Product lifecycle management and End of Life planning for assigned Automation product line(s)
- Participating in and driving Automation/IT projects aimed at product improvement and innovation and business process excellence
- Providing product level expertise to regional and country marketing
- Automation partner interaction and relationship management
- Manage product health and support product improvements
- Lead Product Health Teams (PHTs)
- Monitor product health and customer satisfaction – define needed action
- Reporting on Key Product Metrics to the W&S Franchise Board
- Prioritizing Quality Improvement and Productivity Projects
- Lead or support product health task teams to resolve acute issues
- Participate in SPPs, PQCs, FCAs
- Initiate AIP, CPE, and PDP projects to improve product health
- Plan and execute product end-of-life programs
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external partners and suppliers
o Execute and improve joint business processes with partners
- Lead cross-functional/cross-partner teams/initiatives
- Close collaboration with regional/country marketing to meet needs and gain market and customer insights
· Support achievement of business financial goals
- Provide product technical and business process support to region/country marketing/sales teams
- Maintain PHT focus on cost improvement initiatives
- Support cross functional activities to improve global product forecasting and supply chain processes
· Define product roadmaps and product development needs
- Develop understanding of customer needs and market trends
- Analyze competitors’ portfolios and products along with Global Marketing partners
- Assist to define and communicate long-term product roadmaps
- Define and drive product improvement/product health initiatives. Allocate funding.
- Interface with strategic innovation and strategic planning
- Define products and support new product development
- Participate on PDP and participate/lead Design Change core teams
- Write business plans for new products
- Plan and execute customer-centric product definition
- Write Design Input Requirements (DIR)
- Participate in product pricing strategy
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- 10% travel requirement.
- Knowledge of the clinical laboratory industry.
- Deep understanding of the clinical laboratory’s workflow.
- Understands the role of automation and IT in improving lab workflow.
- Ability to understand and do a deep dive in technical requirements.
- Preferably detailed knowledge in at least one of the following business functions: Product Management, Marketing, Healthcare Consulting, R&D, Service and/or Program Management.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MBA is preferred but not required.
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams.
- Experience with ‘systems’ business model (versus ‘product’ business model).
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.