Companies don’t move the world forward, people do. Help us lead the way to a smarter future.
At Siemens Real Estate (SRE) we are responsible for the professional management of Siemens’ real estate portfolio worldwide. This includes the acquisition, setup of new commercial/industrial real-estate, renovations, disposition of locations and servicing customers with a broad set of service offerings. In the United States, SRE manages 1.6 million square meters across ~250 Real Estate Units (REUs). To effectively lead this large real estate portfolio, the US has been divided into two (2) “Asset Management Areas” or “AMAs” an East and a West Region.
In this role you will handle leasing activities in the region including identifying and negotiating new leases and renewals of existing lease locations. This will include performing analysis as to benefits of renewing or relocating and engaging with legal counsel and outside brokers for the terms of the new leases or renewals as well as to handle minor build out and improvements to the space to be performed by the Landlord or SRE as part of the renewal process.What are your responsibilities?
- Responsible to perform leasing projects within the Asset Management Unit’s geography.
- Provide real estate solutions meeting customer requirements.
- Runs leasing projects from beginning to completion, utilizing SRE defined practices and tools and engaging with the East AMU finance team and other team members as is appropriate.
- Responsible to lead projects assigned by his/her AMA manager to ensure customer satisfaction and meeting the goals and objectives of the AMA.
- Develops project plan and runs through to completion, including detailed budgets, timing and scope. Performs regular reporting and is ultimately responsible for the success of a project.
- Conduct project planning, execution and project controlling, Ensure handover of the projects to the customers.
- Ensure finalization of projects within timeline, budget and quality targets, Report project activities.
- Responsible for minor build out work and/or work with assigned project managers for more complex build out pursuant to leasing activities.
- Perform Client Management within the AMA as needed for assigned leasing projects.
- Responsible for Customer Satisfaction results of completed projects.
- May conduct vendor negotiation and selection, in conjunction with procurement, and performs overall management, if so then establishes contracts with vendors and defines work flows, jobs and reporting relationships.
- Works with legal counsel, real estate brokers and architects/space planners as needed
- Coordinates work with internal SRE partners to ensure proper execution of projects
- Negotiates new leases and lease renewals across the portfolio.
- Guides the completion of projects working with all job types including project managers.
- Retains and manages outside real estate brokers and legal counsel for leasing activity. Develops project/program plan on very sophisticated projects or programs.
- Guides strategic projects or programs.
- Develops continuous improvement plan and works extensively with internal customers to ensure their satisfaction.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
- Develops team members through mentoring and coaching in complex subjects.
- Work with various members of East team to ensure project success.
- Acts as advisor to AMU Management top management and business partners on leasing matters.
- Represents the company as the primary external contact.
- Bachelors Degree in related field required
- 8+ years working experience with corporate or commercial Real Estate leasing activities (not residential)
- Extensive knowledge in field of commercial leasing from a corporate perspective. Reading space plans, preparing timelines, assess risk and opportunities
- Proficiency with: MS Office suite, including MS Project
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), social proficiency
- Ability to lead and advise a large number of projects simultaneously of varying degrees of complexity
- Strong customer relationship leadership skills and interest
- Ability to operate independently with limited guidance
- Ability to travel on the east coast up to 15% (post Covid)
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Flexibility to work remote part of the work week in NJ area
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Paid parental leave
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Real Estate
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.