What are my responsibilities?
* As a certification engineer, you will lead the certification projects for the sensor and transducer products and you will be responsible for drawing up the certification documents.
*You will be our approval specialist and manage the certifications and approvals in link in link with one or more of following standards:
- CE (European certification)
- LVD (Low voltage directive)
- Chinese radio standards
- Standards of wireless communication (BLE, 4G/5G)
* You will be the department's expert for certification, working in collaboration with the technical experts and the project/product manager. You will be part of the development and/or maintenance project team. You will also monitor the standards and regulations.
* You are the main contact / entry point for external certification bodies in order to clarify and specify the approval requirements for products.
* Within our global R&D, you will be one of our specialists of the Chinese local standards by observing them and understanding their evolutions.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a master’s degree with a major in electronics /industrial engineering
- Experience as a technical expert in notified bodies.
- Experienced in the certification bodies (such as UL, FORCE, FM, CSA, DEKRA,…)
- You are able to establish technical documentations for certification and you ideally have experience of working in R&D.
- Knowledge in the areas of Electrical Safety or EMC standards would be an advantage
- You are appreciated by your colleagues for your involvement, your good interpersonal skills, your ability to make proposals and your sense of service.
- Open-minded and self-motivated
- Fluent in English language.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Sensors & Communication Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time