Siemens Mobility Limited have a fantastic opportunity Site Manager to lead our Site Installation activities within the Siemens Rail Infrastructure CIS business. This role will be located in Chippenham, Wiltshire.Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
Rail Infrastructure offers a wide range of systems for signalling, monitoring and control, communications and electrification for main line, regional, metro and light rail infrastructure applications. By bringing together the combined expertise of UK and Germany, we offer complete infrastructure solutions tailored for our market. Siemens’ dedicated rail infrastructure team is fully committed to delivering an efficient, reliable, safe and green railway.
The Rail Infrastructure business supplies SCADA control systems as well as operational telecoms and secure network equipment, alongside other engineering solutions to rail industry operators and suppliers worldwide. We have earned a respected reputation within the industry which has developed as a result of our success in delivering great outcomes to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in developing the next generation of rail technology such as Rail Electrification Control, Advanced Station Management Systems, Automation and Analytics, ETCS and Low Cost Digital Modular Signalling, so this is a phenomenal time to join the business in the development of new, exciting technologies!Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
Line reporting to the Site Support Construction Manager, and functionally managed by the regional Installation Manager the site Manager is a true leadership role which will be responsible for all site construction activities in the defined regional area of the RI CIS business. The construction community implements our market-leading products and solutions, providing a safe, cost efficient and timely realisation of sophisticated solutions with appropriate quality and to budget, even in the face of challenging and evolving business cases, requirements, delivery mechanisms and other business drivers. The role leads a team of both permanent and variable, Lead Installers and installers.
You will gain an overall understanding of the business and ensure that culture, behaviours and decisions made align with the overall business goals. The delivery lifecycle operates from the early stages of bids and tenders, to customer requirements elicitation and capture, estimation, design, development, constructability validation, testing, approvals and deployment, to ongoing in-service support. The Siemens delivery processes support all accepted delivery models, the model selected being determined by the scale, scope, and appropriateness for the project.
Based in Chippenham and covering the South West and Wales area, this position provides installation engineering team leadership to ensure projects are delivered to the required quality and safety standards, company procedures, project timescales and agreed costs. Governance is of paramount importance, so ensuring installation deliverables are compliant with international and market standards, company guidelines, procedures and that solutions and tools are deployed consistently across the project portfolio is required.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Plan, prioritise and assign resources within area of responsibility in line with Siemens and client’s procedures, throughout the solution lifecycle from estimates to disposal.
- Gather and collate relevant information to help you prioritise installation activities, including site availability and access, operations and engineering notices, plans, schedules, procedures, diagrams, records and specifications.
- Identify potential deviations from allocated tasks and alter the plan as required within the limits of your own authority, ensuring alterations are recorded, reported, approved and their impact on the allocated tasks are supervised and controlled.
- Accurately identify tasks and their interdependence, ensuring work is organised in a logical order.
- The allocation of activities and responsibilities to staff according to their proficiencies is also one of your responsibilities and you will provide staff with the required instructions to fulfil your site management responsibilities.
- You will establish and maintain communications and effective liaison arrangements with relevant partners, including team members, other teams, operations staff, engineering staff and peers.
- Communication will be both remote and face to face. Also, you will be able to acquire suitable clarification and assistance where information is unclear, inaccurate, or conflicting.
- Be aware of any environmental, health and safety requirements applicable to your assigned sites and be able to demonstrate your teams safe working practices throughout and you will understand the responsibility you owe to yourself and other in the rail environment.
What experience do I need for this role?
- Extensive telecommunications biased multi-disciplined site management experience in the rail environment, including the knowledge and application of applicable national and international industry standards, line standards and developing processes and procedures appropriate to the rail industry.
- A natural leader of behavioural safety with demonstrable evidence of successes with experience of applying national and industry legislative requirements, including but not limited to CDM 2015, HASAWA 1974 and applicable sub legislature.
- Significant experience of leading Rail Telecommunication site activities with extensive knowledge of South West and Wales routes.
- Hold valid Network Rail Track Safety competences up to Responsible Manager, including COSS and SWL1.
- Experience as a telecommunications construction CRE is desirable but training and mentorship can be provided for the right candidate.
- Operating according to ISO 9001 experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and investigating is desirable, but training can be made available to the right candidate.
- Nationally recognised Leadership and management qualifications pursuant to Level 3 difficulty is desirable.
- Excellent IT, interpersonal, presentation, communication, organisational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service not including bank holidays.
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary.
- On-Target annual bonus, based on performance
- Eligible for Company Car benefit.
- A large range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
- Flexible working policy.
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to Siemens. Our people love it here, and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time