Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring graduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Health & Safety? Join our Graduate Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your graduate programme with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work.
This is an exciting opportunity to help achieve outstanding health & safety practices within Rail Infrastructure at Siemens Mobility Limited.
All Graduates are expected to be fully geographically flexible. The first year will be based at our Chippenham headquarters where you will have the opportunity to experience many of the different engineering (and non-engineering) functions that are carried out on the site. From year two you can be considered for relocation to one of our other offices such as Glasgow, York, Derby, Birmingham, Ashby, Poole, Manchester, Croydon, or London Euston where you will continue your development further.
Embark on your two year long graduate journey with us whilst taking part in our fantastic graduate development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Health & Safety.
As a graduate, you will be involved with Health & Safety topics and management systems on a two-year programme, covering the following key areas:-
- Continuous Improvement activities regarding health & safety within the business
- Operational health & safety support and projects
- Health & Safety Legislation / standards / best practice interpretation into workplace processes
- Developing Health/Wellbeing improvement programs
- Familiarisation with operational standards (18001/14001/50001)
- Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Process and procedural analysis and improvements
- Statistical analysis of health & safety data
- Development and monitoring of objectives and targets
- Culture & Behavioural Awareness
You will support the existing team in a fully operational role, and you will be involved in both project-based assignments and cross-functional working. During this time, you will build a compliment of skills that will enable you to apply for a professional role at the end of your programme.
What are my responsibilities?
- Fully participating and engaging with the business graduate scheme and completing all components of the structured development plan, including a rotational placement programme, the Siemens Graduate Development Programme (GDP), and local work-based skill courses
- Reporting to your Sponsor Manager and Placement Manager(s) and taking ownership for the completion of all allocated tasks to the best of your ability
- Maintaining a Personal Professional Development Log (PPDL)
- Gaining an understanding of the business unit, including its goals, vision, services, departments, customers, and supply chain
- Actively seek opportunities to develop skills and knowledge in preparation for a substantive role within the business
- Engaging with the business’ Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) requirements
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
Studying towards a 2:1 or above in a Health & Safety related discipline
You are mature and can communicate at all levels – from peers to senior stakeholders, we need people who take initiative and will seize opportunities to achieve excellence.
You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
Some experience in an engineering environment would be beneficial but not essential
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the graduate development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/graduates) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £28,000 per annum plus annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to
participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential
job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time