Position Headline: 1.Strive for making supplier management the core competency of SSCL
2.Maintain a compliant procurement process
Areas of Responsibilty: .
- Responsibility for team objectives
Planning, optimization and control of the result from materials to increase the CNI (incl. internal PVO) in the area of responsibility
- Local procurement strategies (and project support)
Initiating procurement process and suggesting approaches to problem-solving to secure local plant objectives. Usage of new innovative methods like CVE to optimize productivity and contribute to location targets.
- Supplier Management
Sourcing, supplier selection, evaluation, continued development of worldwide master supplier data on the basis of cross-functional teams to ensure that demand is met to the highest possible degree and to implement joint cost objectives from the outset.Maintain a reliable supplier base to meet the demand of business growth in perspectives of quantity, quality, lead time, delivery reliability, cash flow, etc.
- Early integration
In all procurement-related procedures to be a competent partner to all internal customer for the early integration of suppliers and optimizing material costs at an early stage.
- Planning and controlling
Derivation of individual objectives (budget, target/actual) from plant objectives under the anticipated market situations to measure, report, control, and (where necessary) to give coaching in the overall results, on the basis of cross-functional teams, Procurement Dept. and staff. Contribute to a more efficient net working capital by balancing quality, cost vs. MOQ, shorter lead time and longer AP
- Organizational, procedural and process responsibility
Adaptation and implementation of efficient forms of organization, procedures and processes to ensure rationalization potential, to optimize productivity, and to meet safety requirement, talking operational effects into account.
- Supervise subordinates to operate according to the company regulations and develop tools for supervision and management
- Support the introduction of new product/project to the factory by providing transparent and professional data and suppliers
- Global Procurement network
Integration in global PA and PI Procurement network, support of global initiatives like local4global sourcing. Active invovlement with Commodity Management to ensure pooling of Dalian demands.
- Always have backup options available for urgent/unexpected case; raise the alarm in advance to related dept.
Education and Experience
What experience and education does the incumbent need for this function?
- At least 5 years in procurement with related area.
- At least 3 years working experience in foreign enterprises/organization
- Prefer more than 5 years of experience in leadership
- Concrete professional knowledge in procurement
- Good product and production knowledge
- Strong negotiation skills
- Supply Chain Management knowledge
- Commercial knowledge
- Familiar with Siemens internal related standardized regulation& process
- Advanced leadership and coaching skill
- Good command of English and Mandarin Chinese
- Good command of MS office and other IT tools to optimize related process
Education & Training
BA/BS degree in automation, mechanical, engineering or other related fields
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Sensors & Communication Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time