We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Our business is strongly migrating towards IoT infrastructure for building automation. A key component is our edge gateway, which acts as communication corner stone between on-site devices and cloud backends.
Your job – challenging and future oriented
- As a software architect you take responsibility of our edge gateway platform, based on embedded Linux
- Coordination with cloud teams for application development
- Definition of platform infrastructure together with our Linux platform team
- Expert in container technologies for applications deployment, e.g. Docker
- Ensuring highest quality and reliability by defining corresponding quality gates, e.g. via end-to-end test
- Tracking and evaluating cloud and edge computing technologies with special focus on cloud communication to embedded device
- Strong focus on IT security, especially for embedded systems
- Working in an agile development environment following Scrum and SAFe process
- Close collaboration on a global scale with international colleagues in Europe, US and India
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- An academic degree in Information Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience as software architect with full stack developer skills in cloud and edge computing on embedded devices
- Experienced in C++ and other programming and scripting languages
- Experience with modern software development process like Agile, DevOps, Feature Teams, OSS contribution
- Good social skills when it comes to work in global teams or presenting ideas and concepts to other stakeholders
- A loyal personality: we are looking for people with a long-term interest in Siemens Building Products
- Fluent English skills and the commitment to learn German upon start if not already are speaker
The role offers a developer friendly environment in best of class teams, the chance to leave your footprint in a setup that is not yet defined and excellent long-term career perspectives within our R/D department.
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either