Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Join our team!Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
The Boston Branch is one of eight branch locations within the Northeast Zone. This branch serves customers in Eastern Massachusetts from Boston to just east of Springfield, and the entire state of Rhode Island. The main branch office is in Canton, MA with satellite offices in Auburndale, MA and Cranston, RI.Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Zone management regarding branch strategies, plans, performance and other pertinent conditions
- Leads the implementation of the Smart Buildings strategy in the markets for he/she is responsible
- Leads implementation of Business Target Agreements at the branch level
- Employs a balanced scorecard approach with equal emphasis on employee engagement, customer satisfaction and dedication and shareholder commitments
- Routinely provides accurate orders, revenue and profit forecasts, delivers to annual budget requirements, leads all aspects of cost control, asset management as well as other financial results
- Lead workforce utilization planning for sales, service operations and support functions to ensure effective staffing for current and future business needs
- Develops and maintains personal contact with new and current major customers to maximize opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction and provide support for current and future projects or service contracts
- Champion profitable growth through definition and implementation of team-selling strategies that expand Smart Building business with existing customers and/or penetrate new accounts
- Responsible for branch employee engagement, safety and retention activities
- Ensures all managers and supervisors cultivate career development for themselves and their employees
- Responsible for developing branch employee dedication to customer satisfaction and promoting positive employer branding and the reputation of Siemens
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local rules and regulations applicable to the geographic area as well as all company policies and procedures. Support compliance protocol under the BT Compliance Officer
- Acts as a company representative and liaison to customers and local authorities to capitalize on local market opportunities
- Represents Siemens Smart Buildings to customers, in the communities we do business and with leaders with vision and market influencers in this region
- The Branch Manager may work with other Divisions in order to provide comprehensive customer solutions across Siemens’ products and services
- Advises the implementation of Branch sales and operations solutions and services programs, Workflow Standards, Quality and Productivity, Safety programs, standard methodologies and other initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing or other related field—or equivalent work experience with at least a high school diploma or state-recognized GED.
- 5+ years in building automation, fire, or security sales management and operations management with proven track record to lead, empower and direct personnel toward achievement of a common goal
- An experienced P&L manager with demonstrated results in delivering performance to budget
- A manager with skills, knowledge, and experience, in Operations and Sales, Solutions and Service as well as Energy services
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Must possess a valid Driver's license in with limited violations and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.