At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
- Establish authority as a global technical leader in turbomachinery CFD applications
- Growth in usage of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ for turbomachinery applications
- Effective and regular technical material generation
- Build, maintain, and manage technical engagements and collaborations
- As a global technical leader, you are responsible to grow turbomachinery applications usage, primarily in Energy, Aerospace and Automotive, by successfully driving technically complex, challenging and strategic engagements
- As a technical expert, you are responsible to create, maintain and distribute technical material, including but not limited to, benchmarks, journal/conference papers, best practice guides, technical/sales presentations, webinars, internal trainings, demonstration cases.
- As a global technical leader, you will collaborate with Industry Managers as they run marketing campaigns, Sales and Support leaders to expedite technical sales, Product Management and Development to enhance software performance and quality
- You will provide advanced technical support to the global sales and support organizations, but also build the expertise of engineers within these organizations, enabling them to support common aerospace applications
- As a subject matter expert, you are expected to know and communicate the market trends and competition to guide both product development and sales.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (or related) with a focus on turbomachinery-related computational fluid dynamics
- At least 3 years’ experience with CFD for turbomachinery applications
- Bachelors – 7 yrs, Masters – 5 yrs, PhD – 3 yrs
- In-depth knowledge of turbomachinery-related CFD applications
- A strong background in, but not limited to, gas and steam turbines, compressors, fans, pumps and other rotating machinery, incompressible/compressible flows, turbulence modeling, complex geometry handling and meshing
- Experience with multiphase/multi-physics flows and conjugate heat transfer
- Hands-on experience with commercial blade design and CFD software/s
- Basic Programming and Shell Scripting
- Basic understanding of Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Basic business acumen to perform Market Analyses
- Self-motivating, ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively
- Good coordination and communications skills
- Preferred Masters or PhD with experience in turbomachinery applications
- Preferred at least 5 years’ experience with turbomachinery CFD
- Expert knowledge of Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Experience with blade design software
- Expert knowledge of JAVA, Python and C++Working business knowledge of the CAE simulation market
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.