At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here:  www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: SISW - EDA
Job Title: Engineer Manager - 249660
Job Location: USA- California- Fremont
Job Category: SoftwareJob Description:
Siemens EDA is part of Siemens Digital Industries Software, a Siemens Group company and world leader in the global digitalization of companies. Siemens EDA, a world leader of Electronic Design Automation (EDA), develops and markets software products and hardware solutions (emulators) covering the entire design & verification flow.
Siemens EDA counts among its customers the majority of the world's Top 50 in the fields of Semiconductors, Computing, Consumer, Automotive, Telecommunications and the Defense and Space sector.
At the Siemens EDA Fremont site, we develop disruptive semiconductor chip design CAD software, including the Analog FastSPICE™ (AFS), the world’s fastest nanometer accurate circuit verification platform. AFS is used by over 150 semiconductor companies worldwide for their toughest circuit verification challenges while designing high-speed I/Os, PLLs, ADCs/DACs, CMOS image sensors, RFICs, and embedded memory.
This position will be part of the AFS R&D team, focused on circuit simulation. As a lead member of a highly proficient, productive and motivated R&D team, developing industry’s leading circuit simulator, using cutting edge software development techniques, you will be offered:
- Technical challenges to solve toughest nanometer scale circuit verification problems for the leading semiconductor companies in the world.
- A motivating, stimulating and rewarding work environment
- Excellent training and growth opportunities throughout your career
- Attractive compensation and benefits
As a member of AFS R&D management team you will participate in leading the design and implementation of efficient algorithms using state of the art software engineering processes and development tools, with a strong emphasis on software quality; thus adding to your industry level experience in solving tough computational complexity problems while participating in entire software development lifecycle. We are looking for a self-motivated and inspiring technical leader with outstanding problem solving skills to maintain and grow the technical dominance of the AFS product.Responsibilities:
- Personnel management, including recruiting and performance management
- Lead and participate in the specification, architecture, design and development of features
- Motivate and inspire the team to achieve excellence in design, implementation, quality and deliver superior product features
- Maintain and grow a high caliber, transparent and trustworthy team of engineers
- Guide engineers on technical and task execution issues
- Plan and schedule new features development projects and defect fixing
- Enforce compliance with the Business Unit's development & validation processes
- Be a force for improving development processes and product quality.
- Work effectively with other globally distributed engineering teams and the Product Validation team
- Contribute hands-on to software development by implementing product features.
- Minimum 5 years of proven strong background in developing efficient, high quality software for engineering applications; preferably using numerical methods and sparse matrix techniques
- 3 to 5 years’ experience of successfully managing a team of high caliber software developers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly motivated to work in globally distributed engineering environment
- Self-motivated, excellent problem solver requiring minimal day-to-day instructions.
- Proven ability to improve team skills set through mentoring.
- Proven ability to recruit highly proficient software developers
- Proven ability to performance manage team members.
- Experience in development, maintenance and project management of complex software.
- Proficiency in C/C++, data structures, algorithms, software architecture, and clean APIs.
- Solid background in object-oriented software design.
- Excellent background in developing software using Linux environments.
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing software engineering processes.
- Working knowledge of analog electrical circuits.
- M.S or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or relevant area
- Understanding of the internal workings of a circuit simulator
- Knowledge of Verilog-A and modeling in Verilog-A.
- EDA industry level work experience
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.