We have an exciting new opportunity for an EHS Advisor to join us in Siemens Mobility supporting the Rail Infrastructure business on a fixed term 12 month contract. In this role you will support the creation of a world class bid, covering Environmental, Health Safety and Wellbeing aspects. Working with a small team to collaborate and show case existing performance and culture and help visualise our continual EHS journey.
You will champion, facilitate and support the effective and proportionate management of health, safety and environmental risk in every area of the Business. You will act as an expert Senior Adviser and a critical friend to staff and management, collaborate with colleagues in the Health, Safety, Environment and Wellbeing function to ensure legal compliance and to deliver continual improvement in pursuit of excellence. You will proactively support EHS Advisers in the region, promote collaboration, consistency of approach and shared learning, to facilitate their professional development, and ensure sustainability and effectiveness of the function.
This is your role
- Support and facilitate effective and proportionate management within business unit, and geographical region.
- Provide technical advice, coaching and assistance to enable delivery of risk management as part of business as usual. Collate information to monitor delivery against agreed metrics.
- Integrate fully with management team and work to support local and regional needs and objectives.
- Develop positive and proactive business relationships within business unit, across the Team, and with other partners as required.
- Develop subject matter expertise in identified areas and provide specialist advice and support on these matters as required.
- Oversee the activities of Advisers in the region. Support and facilitate collaborative working
- Champion, advise and support risk management. Develop subject matter expertise in relevant areas
- Support and facilitate delivery of the Improvement Programme across the business
What qualifications and experience will you need
- Relevant professional qualifications, minimum Level 3 qualification in health and safety, environment, sustainability or quality management
- Qualification in second discipline
- Qualification in Internal Audit
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Previous professional experience in a Railway / Engineering / Construction environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prepare high quality written documentation such as reports, strategies, operational procedures
- Excellent understanding of health, safety and environment processes, standards and improvement techniques
- Experience of using a range of tools and techniques to drive continual improvement
- In-depth understanding of CDM and its application in a railway environment
- Experience of implementing ISO Certified Management Systems
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time