Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Finance? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
As part of the Intelligent Traffic Systems UK finance and procurement team, you will provide financial reporting support to aid Financial Processes and Performance. Through the provision of timely and accurate reports to help drive financial planning and performance.
This diverse, hands-on role gives the opportunity for the individual to develop a knowledge of how procurement principles work in real business and build a strong network with commercial professionals in a leading business.
Please note, ideally we would like this internship to be based at our site in Poole however we are willing to be flexible on location for the right candidate.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Finance.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from this internship:
- Use of Microsoft Applications (mainly excel) and SAP to deliver financial planning and performance data to the Business Senior Management and wider procurement and finance team. Support to key business teams including Credit Control, Sales Management, Operations etc.
- Financial Planning and Performance Reports – SAP to Excel to Management
- Budget, Forecast and Trend Reporting
- Sales and Gross Margin Reporting
- Project and overhead cost analysis Monthly Financial Control and Balance Sheet Reporting
- Support with Financial Provision Calculations
- Posting of Accounting Journals in SAP and support with month end close
- Support Continual Improvement with use of systems and spreadsheet functionality
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Working towards a 2:2 or higher in a finance related degree.
- Interest in finance and related activities with a drive to build experience in this area
- Confidence to communicate and work with colleagues at all levels including Finance Managers, Commercial teams and the wider business
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Ownership attitude for areas of responsibility
- Good knowledge of Excel with an interest to advance skill in this area
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Siemens offers a strong network for entry level talent including interns and graduates. This role will allow the intern the opportunity to integrate into the wider Siemens family outside of Siemens Mobility, encourage professional development and provide career enhancing activities.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Finance. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £18,525 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time