Radiology IT Support Specialist
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are recruiting a Radiology IT Support Specialist to provide both remote and on-site service covering NHS and private hospital sites across the country. Reporting to the Healthcare IT Operations Manager, this position is an integral member of our Customer Services Healthcare IT Team, providing first & second level support & Project delivery support to deliver the tendered & contracted IT support for all Syngo Products.
Our customer service and support differentiate Siemens Healthineers from the competition and this high standard and quality must be achieved through IT specialists addressing issues promptly and professionally. Please find out more about out Customer Services area of the business here.
What are my responsibilities?
- Provide day to day IT support for clinical imaging software of several Siemens Healthineers business areas, working on a remote basis in order to provide a fast and high-quality support to the customer
- Be an authoritative reference on designated Siemens Healthineers products and or OEM IT products, network protocols and network architecture
- Create site specific documentation to detail Informatics solution and milestones
- To participate in, and lead where appropriate, activities providing support to new customers and colleagues, including troubleshooting
- Coordinate and organize activities (e.g. updates and upgrades) within the scope of support with internal and external partners, in order to ensure ongoing clinical operation for customers
- Provide professional product training to new customers and staff
- To partake in customer support activities and to own all requests for support or information through to completion even if input from other operational groups is required
- To maintain all specified equipment at the latest revision status by planning and implementing updates and modifications as required
- Ensure that Customer Support Activities are documented by the defined procedures
- To ensure that relevant ITIL framework objectives are met, i.e. Incident Management / Problem Management / Change Management
- Ensure that Customer Support Activities are documented by the defined Processes and procedures, including activity management, Incident call updates, reporting progress to Project Management team(s)
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Relevant and demonstrable experience in a technical role within the Healthcare IT industry.
- The ability to work both individually and in an established team to deliver Healthcare IT solution
- Ability to deliver remote support in a professional and competent manner.
- Software/specific designated product operating system
- Software/networking protocols found within the Health Service environment
- Understanding of a Virtualised IT Environment
- Server Hardware experience
- An interest and passion for working in healthcare.
- Customer relationship management and communication
- Comprehension of project management and Quality management principles
- Competent with Microsoft Office and network applications
- Field service experience and ITIL Foundation Certificate is desirable
- You must hold a full UK driving license
What else do I need to know?
- This remote position will require national travel and the occasional overnight stay to service customers across the country.
- A flexible approach to travel is required, with the willingness to participate in an out of hours on-call technical support rota.
- A willingness to take regular trips abroad to deliver or receive training, work with Remote Support Colleagues and to deliver on site support to other EMEA countries is also expected.
· Attendance of training courses and technical seminars in the UK and abroad may also be required.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary plus bonus
- Company car
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Comprehensive product training and the opportunity to progress into more technical specialist roles
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
An opportunity now exists for a home-based Customer Service Engineer to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain Siemens Healthineers Diagnostic equipment installed at our customer sites.
The Customer Service Engineer role requires a substantial amount of contact with our customers to address their equipment issues promptly and in a professional manner.
The successful candidate will therefore not only need to show competency in providing technical assistance, but also have the ability to empathise with our customers and take ownership of their issues.
This role covers the South region covering NHS and Private hospital sites in this area, also supporting customers throughout the surrounding regions.
Siemens Healthineers innovations combine state-of-the-art laboratory diagnostics, imaging technologies and IT solutions to pinpoint disease early on, enhance diagnostic precision and optimise patient care.
What are my responsibilities?
· To work in close cooperation with the Customer Care Centre based in Frimley to carry out service, maintenance, updates and installation of Siemens Healthcare products within a designated product range and assist under supervision with other products.
· Attend product training courses (in the UK and abroad) and work towards completion of Siemens Professional Certificate in order to build competence in providing technical assistance and support to our customers.
· Escalate as appropriate, situations where customer satisfaction is compromised and to ensure contractual obligations are met.
· Maintain good communications and team working with all Stakeholders.
· Understand and comply with Siemens work instructions, quality policy and codes of conduct policies and regulatory requirements at all times.
· Ensure material parts are processed in accordance with Siemens’ policies.
· Complete personal administration in a timely and accurate manner.
· Maintain all test equipment, tools and company property in good and working order
· Identify any opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of company processes.
· Attend product training courses (in the UK and abroad) and work toward completion of Siemens Professional Certificate in order to build competence in providing technical assistance and support to our customers.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· HNC/HND in Electronics or an associated discipline is essential.
· This is a field based role offering considerable independence and requiring strong self discipline. A flexible approach to work, travel and unsociable hours is required.
· A strong interest in Siemens Healthineers and its products. Ideally you will have previous field service experience where you have undertaken fault finding on electronic equipment.
· You will also be required to have good Communication, IT, Microsoft Office and Networking Infrastructure skills
· Be prepared to travel extensively if required.
· Your customer facing skills will be invaluable, as you will be required to interface with customers and staff at all levels within Siemens / Third parties, contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers and must quickly gain the respect of others, both colleagues and customers at all levels.
· A full driving license valid for driving in the UK
Siemens Healthineers provides services to our customers seven days a week within the core business hours of 8am to 8pm. This is achieved by our Customer Service Engineers working shift patterns, so the successful candidates will need to be flexible in their approach, as they may be required to work on the extended shift pattern.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time