If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.8 billion and had around 34,200 employees worldwide.
What are my job responsibilities?
Executing all aspects of accounting governance and closing and reporting activities within the Asia Pacific region.
- Responsible for all accounting topics (i.e. accounting advisory to the business, closing and reporting tasks, disclosure requirements) for a small/medium sized regional company
- Support in carrying out task and the responsibility in the areas of monthly closing activities, prepares and reviews journal voucher, prepare and review audit reports and support audit activities (internal and external) for a small/medium/large regional company
- Perform financial statement reviews and follow-up action items as a result of the review
- Takes over project management role (definition of schedule, budget, quality, risk, project changes, opportunity and resource allocation management) for process optimization initiatives
- Topic Matter Expert for complex accounting topic in the region
- Build awareness and provide training to users on accounting guidelines for TME and other accounting global projects
- Support ad-hoc requirement/task
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- An above average Degree in Accountancy or equivalent recognized professional qualification i.e. ACCA
- Advanced knowledge and experience in accounting for construction contracts, forex accounting, provisions and accruals, etc. under IFRS
- At least 3 years of Big 4 experience or handled multinational corporation clients or direct multinational corporation experience
- Able to work independently, self-motivated, possess analytical skills and ability to adapt to change.
- Someone who thrives in an international environment and possess excellent communication and English skills both orally and in writing
- Microsoft office applications advanced knowledge, SAP knowledge is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Sdn. Bhd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time